Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

60k p/w & 3m to Spurs, according to a journo I know who reports on them.

Geez that is very high if true, so basically the 3m to Spurs means we are essentially paying his entire wages (indirectly) and a little extra. Seems overly generous if Spurs are really that desperate to be rid of him, and from what I can see there doesn't appear to be a queue of clubs behind us looking to take him on...
If accurate and I doubt very much that it is.

So we are paying 6million for a 1 year loan for a lazy git who may or may not turn up? Doubt it very very much.

Absolute bollocks, in my opinion. Why would he go through the bother of a loan move if he wasn't highly motivated when he could just sit on his arse, training with the kids and collecting a wage?

He'll come here to play, to score, to earn his final contract.

Absolute bollocks, in my opinion. Why would he go through the bother of a loan move if he wasn't highly motivated when he could just sit on his arse, training with the kids and collecting a wage?

....then he can sit on his arse and collect a wage

• Like 1

60k p/w & 3m to Spurs, according to a journo I know who reports on them.

Geez that is very high if true, so basically the 3m to Spurs means we are essentially paying his entire wages (indirectly) and a little extra. Seems overly generous if Spurs are really that desperate to be rid of him, and from what I can see there doesn't appear to be a queue of clubs behind us looking to take him on...
If accurate and I doubt very much that it is.

So we are paying 6million for a 1 year loan for a lazy git who may or may not turn up? Doubt it very very much.

The guy is driven more by money than success, so god know what kind of effort he will put in. Always starts well and then always towards end of seaosn his goals dry up.

Anything above 30k per week without any loan fee would be too much for him.

Not saying he's a bad player, he's not but the risk isn't worth paying anything like the reported figures.

Only way I'd pay more is in bonuses.

I honestly don't think we are. I think it is around the 60k mark. Spurs like to make out they are getting an outstanding deal. Even going back to the Modric sale, they had it as full payment when it was over 18-24 months.

I'd imagine we wouldn't be paying anything over the 60-70k per week that we were paying Bent. Loan fee I have no idea.

In all honesty I don't care. Sherwood wants him, upper management have agreed to it and it's going ahead.

Get it done

• Like 1

I would be surprised if we are to pick up the full 100k p/w, even if it is over a 1 year period (or will it be over the course of a season?). I just worked that out to be around 42 weeks he would be with us x 100k = £4.2m for the "privilege" of having him on the books. If there is no fee to be paid (which there bloody well shouldnt be seeing how those idiots at WHL are so desperate to get shot of him and we're already apparently agreeing to pay 100% of the wages), I could live with that provided we get an adequate return on the pitch. Just might not sit right with other players if he doesnt pull his weight but I honestly am actually expecting TS to get a tune out of him.

• Like 1

Not saying he's a bad player, he's not but the risk isn't worth paying anything like the reported figures.

Is that you Deadly?

It's 2015.

• Like 1

Minus 10% ;)

Is that you Deadly?

It's 2015.