Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Hope this happens, no risk if a loan, it's a clean slate at villa and the team will be set up to feed him. Tim massages his ego and hey presto, GOALS!

There's financial risk and a risk of impacting morale.

Perhaps it's low risk on both, who knows, but there's always risk.

There's a risk he breaks his leg first day of training.

There are few teams' fans whose opinion I value less. They worship Harry Redknapp and wouldn't back Tim "The One True King" Sherwood.

I don't think they do to be fair. I remember going on one of their forums to see the reaction to his sacking and was actually surprised by how many were happy with the decision.

Yeah I saw that when I read a bit of his thread on Glory Glory. Bit similar to us and MON when most outsiders think we must love him for constantly getting 6th.

Again Spurs fans on Adebayor would be similar to us on N'zogbia.

They do still have a wierd love for Soldado though.

of any recent Villa player the best comparison is easily Carew. Both had questionable attitudes and both had fallen out with "disciplined" managers 

We had the same arrangement for Cleverley, so there's obviously some reason for it.

That was different, though, we had agreed a fee to buy Cleverley in January, which because of his shenanigans had to be turned into a loan with agreed fee option to buy in the summer. Presumably this would be a straight forward loan till the end of his contract, therefore no fee.

Sky Sports saying it will be done in 48hrs… 

Just in time for Hooters baby… Wooo Hoooooo Yeeah

assuming a loan deal with leveraged wage-burdens b/w us and Spurs?

I have a feeling he will out score Benteke this season. Playing for his future weekly income will motivate him enough to use his full potential, and to me he is a very talented player.

Just have to keep his family well away from him

• Like 1

EA was one of the success stories during TS's short reign at Spurs, and it was mostly put down the TS's ability to manage his temperament.

Being that TS's biggest feat at Villa was restoring Benteke's confidence and form, after he seemed to have been crushed by a combination of injury and the demands of PL, I would be relatively optimistic about the deal. 

• Like 1

What a summer!! If someone had told me we'd have signed the likes of Sinclair (if you count him), Richards, Amavi, Gueye, Ayew and Adebayor in the same window with the likes of Crespo and Veretout likely on the way.. Did we all just wake up in some alternate reality where Aston Villa are actually a Top 4 side and have the pulling power to get anyone?  

The risk with Adebayor is that he will probably score about 20 goals for us this season.  I really have no doubt on this, but then we will probably sign him on a 5 year deal next summer and he will be back to his old self again.  Big risk :)

The risk with Adebayor is that he will probably score about 20 goals for us this season.  I really have no doubt on this, but then we will probably sign him on a 5 year deal next summer and he will be back to his old self again.  Big risk :)

I think we've learnt our lesson about giving 30+ year olds huge wages on long contracts.

hope we've learnt our lesson about giving 30+ year olds huge wages on long contracts.

Please tell me we've learnt our lesson about giving 30+ year olds huge wages on long contracts?!

:unsure:

• Like 4