Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Probably a clause so we can sign him in January (a la Cleverley)

Hopefully, we'll use and abuse him (for his goals!) and let him sneak off to China, the Middle East or the States on mega-bucks at the end of the season.

A loan with an option to buy would be a great option for us. 

He gets on with Sherwood and would be the focal point in our team and gives himself the opportunity to put himself in the shop window for a move to Qatar or China. Or, he may love it here and want to stay (assuming he performs

As much as I'd like to sign someone like Embolo, Martial, Konate, Oulare, etc, combining a new striker like that with Ayew, another newcomer, might be too much of a risk for us. Bed Ayew in this season and buy another striker next summer.

Or we could be greedy and sign 3 strikers this summer! 

• Like 1

Are people forgetting this guy only plays well until he gets a contract at the end of a loan?

Which is likely why he isn't getting one. Make him believe there is a chance he plays his heart out, scores for fun and then we offload him in Qatar or something.. 

What does the spurs fans think of him ?

The one I know is praying they get shot of him.

But Im not here to moan. It's going to happen whether we like it or not. Im just here to try and crack this acceptance malarkey...

They literally all hate him. But I don't care, he was ace under Sherwood.

but a lot of them rate Michael Dawson and Danny Rose so cant trust them :P

• Like 1

They literally all hate him. But I don't care, he was ace under Sherwood.

All ........is pretty profound.

.....seems like the poor judge of character at Spurs is not entirely confined to the boardroom.

thankfully

Edited by TRO

There are few teams' fans whose opinion I value less. They worship Harry Redknapp and wouldn't back Tim "The One True King" Sherwood.

I don't think they do to be fair. I remember going on one of their forums to see the reaction to his sacking and was actually surprised by how many were happy with the decision.

Hope this happens, no risk if a loan, it's a clean slate at villa and the team will be set up to feed him. Tim massages his ego and hey presto, GOALS!

There's financial risk and a risk of impacting morale.

Perhaps it's low risk on both, who knows, but there's always risk.

There are few teams' fans whose opinion I value less. They worship Harry Redknapp and wouldn't back Tim "The One True King" Sherwood.

I don't think they do to be fair. I remember going on one of their forums to see the reaction to his sacking and was actually surprised by how many were happy with the decision.

Yeah I saw that when I read a bit of his thread on Glory Glory. Bit similar to us and MON when most outsiders think we must love him for constantly getting 6th.

Again Spurs fans on Adebayor would be similar to us on N'zogbia.

They do still have a wierd love for Soldado though.