Hendrik Almstadt

dudevillaisnice

I don't think this guy's role is going to be anything like that of DOF's. Going by the description seems like he's going to be involved a lot in the sport science side of things. So I don't think he'll infringe on Sherwood at all.

This sort of appointment should have been made 9 years ago, randy finally seems to have appointed people who know there arse from there elbow when it comes to football clubs.

• Like 3

So sporting director rather than a director of football? What's the difference?

From the details there I can understand the scouting, the statistical analysis, the yoof development, I'm guessing they've missed off the sports science and medical side of it. What's surprised me is the budgeting and contracts side of it, I'd have thought they'd have left that to someone else

I think him being appointed will take some of the load off Tom Fox. Fox was more in the commercial role at Arsenal but since coming here he has being doing that as well as running football matters so with Almstadt on board Fox can concentrate himself more on getting the money rolling in.

From the details there I can understand the scouting, the statistical analysis, the yoof development, I'm guessing they've missed off the sports science and medical side of it. What's surprised me is the budgeting and contracts side of it, I'd have thought they'd have left that to someone else

one directs sport the other directs football

Good appointment. I think this is more Tom Fox than Lerner. He seems to know what he wants to do at the club and apparently has a way of getting the Ian's from Randy.

Well, that's surprised me a little, but there we go. I'm happy with that, hopefully he can help take us forward, and hopefully upwards.

Also if Tom Fox likes him, then so do I!

Edited by alreadyexists

In terms of what it says about the takeover, it doesn't say any more than what the signings of players said or the appointment of Wilkins. In fact I'm guessing it probably says less.

• Like 1

I'd say there is no takeover happening now. I feel confident about that. Nice to see that things are changing and we hopefully won't be the same side or club we were last year. Bright future

Meh, means absolutely nothing imo. I have no idea what he will do or how he will improve things, if at all.

I'd rather we invested in playing staff tbh...

As Richard has said, isn't it a good idea to do both? One does not impede the other, anything that assists the manager to do his job is a positive surely?

• Like 2

Meh, means absolutely nothing imo. I have no idea what he will do or how he will improve things, if at all.

I'd rather we invested in playing staff tbh...

As Richard has said, isn't it a good idea to do both? One does not impede the other, anything that assists the manager to do his job is a positive surely?

Maybe I'm just being cynical about the way Randy has run the club over the past few years but i just can't see us doing both.

Prove me wrong Randy.

Sporting Director is very European term compared to Director of Football. Probably no difference but he could probably have a large say in youth signings and develop infrastructure in the club while not mainly signing players for 1st team

We're finally looking like a professional outfit off of the field - now make it matter and get the team on the field looking like one too.

I'm happy with how it's progressing since Fox came in.  It won't solve all things overnight but it's a good step in the right direction.  

• Like 2

Â