The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

its not like the pitch is that bad imo - not turning that much for ali, was a bit of movement for the quicks but nothing drastic. just a lot of poor shots by both sides, too many batsmen have got themselves out

Anyone else see Michael Holding's claret and blue tie, on Sky? I very much doubt he's a Villan, but that put a massive smile on my face! :D

Yeah I saw that. I'm going to pretend he is and tell everyone I know and don't know he is a famous villa supporter and see how they like them onions.
  • Like 1

Once again, what a marvellous scorecard to wake up too :)

Went to bed at lunch with the ever unbiased Australian commentary team saying that England were on the ropes and in a bit of trouble   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If the pitch is ok, how come the quick result ( likely anyway ). Has the one day and 20/20 hustle and bustle affected Test cricket permanently? I know the Edgbaston scenario of 2005 is incredibly rare, but it seems whoever gets on top in a test runs away with it and dominates it. There's less fight from weaker positions as the Aussies here and England at Lords showed. 

Potentially a pretty bad trend for county grounds. 

Yes Rodders its the negative effect of t20 cricket. The wicket seamed a bit but batsmen from the past would have coped with it. What we are getting is an exciting brand of test cricket but over 3 days.

Australia showed a bit of fight this morning. 

Has the one day and 20/20 hustle and bustle affected Test cricket permanently?

In a word Yes. Batters make their money now from being "bashers" whether its one day or 20-20. Test cricket is dying and is an afterthought. There's too much lets go out there and play our natural game nonsense. In a test match you have to play the conditions and the situation not your natural game. That's why a test match takes five days.

The ECB won't be happy with only 3 days gate receipts so expect two pan-flat tracks next up.

Â