The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

Aside from the action, I'd like to say I've been pleasantly surprised by Punter as a commentator. I think he's come across very well.

He was always the Panto villain wan't he, although I always thought he came across as a decent bloke. He was also a world class batsman, if not a captain, so knows a thing or two about the game.

• Like 1

Thank god Bell put in a decent 2nd innings. 60 with us on the front foot is fine. I was beginning to think that the Bears' main man might be flaking too much...

I'd also like to add to the fact that he's both a Villa fan and a Bears fan, so it's everything I'd want in a sportsman apart from maybe adding Moseley RFC in there!

• Like 1

Aside from the action, I'd like to say I've been pleasantly surprised by Punter as a commentator. I think he's come across very well.

He was always the Panto villain wan't he, although I always thought he came across as a decent bloke. He was also a world class batsman, if not a captain, so knows a thing or two about the game.

Yes he was though he didn't help himself with things like that rant at Fletcher about Pratt. :)

I was taken by what Vaughan said about him recently (it may have been on the radio 5 show) that he didn't talk to him during their last series but that was just because Ponting kept himself to himself. He went on to say that he'd since become good mates with him and he was a very decent guy. He comes across that way (especially when describing the good points of the England players and play) as well as obviously being really knowledgeable.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Set up nicely now. If we bowl right and the weather holds, we should win this.

They need to do something about that top order though. We can't go through the series losing our first 3 wickets for not a lot of runs.

Lyon finishing that innings with 4 wickets, surprised. Flatters him or highlights the fast bowlers failings?

Still, 412 for Oz to win, two days left, looking forward to this, becoming a very good test

off next 2 days so I can enjoy it finally. This is so intriguing as 412 is normally impossible knock off in a 4th innings but as 2 full days left I think its enough time to give it a good go

Think Rogers is key dismissal as he allows others to play around him like Smith and Warner. England get him early then could be curtains

pitch won't allow two full days of safe batting. 15 wickets fell today. They might put on a solid partnership, and it's regrettable we couldn't stay out to bat tomorrow morning for an hour to add some uncertainty to the eventual total - they'll have all evening to prepare with a set target - but I would be surprised if they reached 300. 

• Like 1

You may know better than me, but isn't the weather supposed to pretty bad on Sunday, chrisp?

I'd fancy us to take 10 wickets tomorrow, but I suppose you never know. If Australia chase that total down, you have to say fair play to them. 

Â