The Ashes 2015

PongRiddims

Wow what a days cricket, wish I was there. England's to lose, but then we've seen them do that many times before.

To be fair, we rarely thrown it away from this position, for many a year. Got to be favourites, but you never know. 

Pears vs Bears delicately balanced at the moment. 43 needed from just under 4 overs.

Sunday morning should be a wipe out but ok from late morning / lunchtime.

I don't think it'll get to Sunday - that's what I was telling everyone today anyway - and it bagged me a couple tickets. So now I'm hoping it does get to Sunday, even if it's just an hour, because I've got a decent ticket for my nipper so I'd be superdad for a day.

for the worlds best batsman, Steve Smith is far from orthodox. Hi is no Rahul Dravid for certain

Its not in the coaching manual but its worked for him so far. Although he struggled a bit last time here, that technique may not work so well over here. 

Has Shane Watson played his last ashes test? His bowling offered little and he is so easy to get lbw. 

Cook hasn't scored runs but his captaincy has been brilliant this match. The fields he has set. The bowling changes. The way he has handled Moeen. Very impressed. 

Edited by PaulC

I haven't been in the ground today, I've basically been looking after people's coats, organising the parking and keeping hold of tickets for the stragglers.

If you know Cardiff at all, just outside the ground is a river taxi platform, so we've been ferrying people down the bay to the food festival for a change of scene.

I don't think I'm going to get any use out of my tickets for tomorrow - and they included full restaurant foodage and free bar! Surely one or two bloody ozzies can stick it out and stretch the game in to tomorrow. Clearly cricket isn't their first game, but how hard can it be not to stick your leg in the way?

Edited by chrisp65

Get in great result...

I thought we may hang on for a draw before play started, but to play so well is really unexpected.

Broad has been class, when he is in this form he is unplayable. Having just been in oz, I know they hate (but also respect him) so they will not enjoy this.

And root could become an absolute legend of the game!

Edited by mikeyp102

Â