Terrorist Attacks June 2015

Tayls

What's happened here then? Anyone have any further info?

Grenoble Attack

France attack: Man decapitated at factory near Lyon

A van driver who was investigated for links to Islamist radicals has attacked a gas factory near the south-eastern city of Lyon, a French prosecutor says.
Yacine Sali, 35, caused an explosion by ramming his car into an area containing flammable liquids and was arrested at the scene, Francois Molins said.
Mr Sali's boss, the owner of a delivery firm, was found beheaded alongside flags containing Arabic inscriptions.
The attack put France back on to its highest terror alert.
An investigation has been launched by French anti-terror police.

Edited by limpid
fixed quote

Arrested a 30-year-old who was known to intelligence agencies. He'll probably blame them with radicalising him.

FFS the victim's head was found 'hanging on a fence'.

And now this....http://news.sky.com/story/1508894/tunisia-gunmen-attack-two-tourist-hotels

Gunmen have attacked tourist hotels in the Tunisian town of Sousse - which is popular with British holidaymakers - killing seven.

British tourists said holidaymakers fled from the beach to take refuge in hotels after guns were fired.

One man told Sky News that his son saw someone get shot as he raced back to the hotel from the sea.

Photographs seen by Sky News show a man in his 60s or 70s lying in a pool of blood in his swimming shorts.

johnyeoman-1-960x720.jpg

Tourist John Yeoman has barricaded himself inside his room

Gary Pine said: "We thought fire crackers were going off but you could see quite quickly what was going on.

"There was a mass exodus off the beach. My son was in the sea at the time and myself and my wife were shouting at him to get out and as he ran up he said I’ve just saw someone get shot.

cegrab-20150626-130210-633-1-762x428.jpg
Play video ""People Are Crying And Hysterical""

play-icon.png
Video: "People Are Crying And Hysterical"

Tourists are now gathered in reception and hiding in rooms as the situation develops, one said: "People are running around the hotel. No-one has really been told what to do."

Another holidaymaker called John Yeoman has barricaded himself inside his hotel room using a bed and chair.

At least one gunman has been killed, according to security sources cited by the Reuters news agency. The country's interior ministry says seven people have been killed.

Another holidaymaker, Susan Ricketts, told Sky News: "It sounded like a machine gun going off.

"There are people crying and going hysterical. We just came up to our room.

"They're saying it's going on in the hotel next to us. It's just a stretch of hotels along here. There's nothing else."

Meanwhile deadly explosions have hit a Shiite mosque in Kuwait's capital after Friday prayers.

More follows...

My sister is on holidays in Tunisia ....no contact yet...I'm sure she's fine though

Yeah means nothing, but still let us know when you do make contact :thumb:

How can "Muslims" be racist? "Muslim" is not a race or ethnic group. 

Blaming the Muslims for the worlds ills isn't racism. Its good old fashioned religious bigotry. 

Edited by Eames
  • Like 2

How can "Muslim's" be racist? "Muslim" is not a race or ethnic group. 

Blaming the Muslims for the worlds ill's isn't racism. Its good old fashioned religious bigotry. 

9b6.gif

• Like 4

How can "Muslim's" be racist? "Muslim" is not a race or ethnic group. 

Blaming the Muslims for the worlds ill's isn't racism. Its good old fashioned religious bigotry. 

9b6.gif

A thousand pardons. I shall birch myself forthwith. That was horrendous. 

Â