Terrorist Attacks June 2015

Tayls

I hope they still go and enjoy themselves, because if they don't these rocket polishers have won. I made a point of getting on the tube the next day after 7/7.

I did too.

I thought this sort of thing might have been out of bounds, or less likely, during Ramadan. Learnt today that historically it's more likely.

It just shows that these terrorists aren't truly Muslims. They don't belong to any group.

I hope they still go and enjoy themselves, because if they don't these rocket polishers have won. I made a point of getting on the tube the next day after 7/7.

I did too.
I'd have thought the London underground would have been one of the safest places on earth the day after the 7/7 bombings.

It's not the same as saying people who have booked to go to Tunisia should still go with their families. You cannot trust the authorities to make the entire region safe and secure.

at the end of the day its ok defying these nut jobs and making a statement that you dont scare us but when it comes down to it we are talking about life and death and to take your family to tunisia is completely irresponsible. i think this country does a fantastic job in terms of security but the same cant be said abroad.

I did too.
I'd have thought the London underground would have been one of the safest places on earth the day after the 7/7 bombings.

It's not the same as saying people who have booked to go to Tunisia should still go with their families. You cannot trust the authorities to make the entire region safe and secure.

Indeed, as evidenced by the fact that this is the second attack on tourists by gunmen in just over 3 months.

I'm not sure any country has the capability of stopping what happened yesterday. As it was with Lee Rigby, it's not far from a random act of violence. It doesn't take a great deal of planning, it doesn't require the acquisition of many materials, which means it's difficult to catch in the process of building up to the action. Especially when the perpetrator is unknown to authorities.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often to be honest. Surely it's easy once you've got hold of one to conceal a gun and just walk into central London firing or to take a bomb in a backpack (if you have the means to make it) on a bus? Obviously something in our security set up prevents it and I'm thankful for that.

i think we need to have some form of negotiation with these backward people, if people want to live under extreme islamic rule and sharia then they are entitled to do so but piss off back over there and stop trying to spread it to civilised countries. peaceful muslims are more than welcome to add culture and diversity to our country but for all the others who believe in all this shit please go back to your lovely part of the world and continue to practise your madness with people who are happy to live like that.

i dont know if youre being serious. but this would be the worst idea possible and would never work.

was not serious  :) how can you negotiate with pigs who want the world run by their beliefs and laws, you hear it time and time again what their plans are and if we were to be any softer it may one day happen so no negotiation is not an option.

• Like 1

So not "back home" then :)

definitely not, anyone who has extremists views should go and live in harmony with their kind.

But where? I would imagine that the vast majority of people "there" don't want these extremists either. Why should they be punished for the actions of a few nutters? Also, as has already been raised, what if "there" is "here"? I'd rather have them chopping off heads in the middle east than down New Street, selfish as I am. I'd just rather they weren't chopping off heads at all.

It's about time we had a proper go at dealing with this. It will take major international foreign policy reform rather than boots on the ground. The world needs a leader. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

few nutters? millions of nutters more like, yes there are people living over in that part of the world living in hell and i feel for anyone whos living through any kind of hell but why should we put up with extremist people over here? if they want to live in an islamic world go and live in the islamic world and im sure they will fit in perfectly but piss off with your sick hatred over here. you have to be selfish in this world im afraid.

As much as i dislike it, even if religion was taken away, something else would be the reason.

I blame corrupt governments and the people higher up who are truly pulling the strings. No profit in peace is there.

• Like 2

The ISIS mob aren't content with just setting up a caliphate 'over there', they want to go the whole hog, wipe out all the infidels, take over the world.

Like a considerable number of Christians did during the time of the Crusades - convert or die. Oh, what the hell, just die anyway. 

The human species is fatally **** ed mentally, I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

at the end of the day its ok defying these nut jobs and making a statement that you dont scare us but when it comes down to it we are talking about life and death and to take your family to tunisia is completely irresponsible. i think this country does a fantastic job in terms of security but the same cant be said abroad.

I kind of see what you are saying Ruge, but where do you draw the line (or keep giving into fear)?

I'm taking my family to the states soon. Millions of guns in circulation, mass shootings on a pretty regular basis and probably the number one spot on most terrorists 'bucket list'

Irresponsible or not?

few nutters? millions of nutters more like, yes there are people living over in that part of the world living in hell and i feel for anyone whos living through any kind of hell but why should we put up with extremist people over here? if they want to live in an islamic world go and live in the islamic world and im sure they will fit in perfectly but piss off with your sick hatred over here. you have to be selfish in this world im afraid.

Ok so you've thrown a number into the mix. As a percentage of a billion, a million is 0.1%.

Nobody is suggesting we "put up with extremism". But you can't fight extremism with extremism, what you seem to be suggesting is abhorrent to me. You want to tar everyone with the same brush, dump them all "back home" and tell then they are no longer welcome to live on, presumably "Christan" land. If you don't want to tar with the same brush, how do you suggest we weed out the extremists?

You're playing their game, you are reacting just how they want you to react. They're winning.

Everyone who hates should piss off in my opinion. Murderers, rapists, child molesters, racists. But this is a much easier problem to solve isn't it, because they have different coloured skin and worship a sky fairy with a different name to our western sky fairy. How about extreme Christians? Do we create a state for them too? How about the above mentioned murderers, rapists etc. How about one for the drug dealers?

• Like 3

Â