Mobile Phone Contracts (Ver 2.0)

Genie

Anyone had problems upgrading with EE in the past? Placed my order on Monday, it's Friday and I still haven't received a confirmation email or anything. Just phoned them up to see what was going on and they said the best thing to do is "wait a little longer and see what happens". Terrific service.

• 5 weeks later...

There's some good deals currently for anyone considering Vodafone sim only. 

On vodafone website they currently have 8GB data (unlimited texts and minutes) for £17 a month for 12 months. However, you can get £85.85 cashback from Topcashback and then if you work for one of the many companys on their discount list you can get another 30% off.

12 x £17 = £204

minus 30% = £142.80

minus cashback = £56.95 for the year (£4.75 per month).

You can also get 20GB sim, works out £7.26 (comes with extra 2GB data for using abroad)

1 hour ago, Genie said:

There's some good deals currently for anyone considering Vodafone sim only. 

They could offer unlimited data for free and it still wouldn't help their coverage :(

Having the work (Voda) SIM in my dual SIM phone has been a bit of an eye opener. The amount of time the icon for SIM 2 shows no coverage is shocking.

Not much use to many people here, I imagine, but Vodafone are flawless in Nottingham, it's been a noticeable improvement over O2's ridiculous deadzones, and Three's network completely shitting itself in rush hour every single day.

Yes it one of those things and will depend on where you live and work. Vodafone is perfect for me at home at work (work phone) and I get 4G in both locations. My personal phone is on O2, its terrible in the town centre near my home but ok at work. 

For just over £50 for the year I'll give it a punt I think.

I would never use Vodafone again after their shocking service. the worst i have ever experienced. Dedicated liars.

My contract is up end of November at last! Going on Giffgaff and going to get Samsung S7 (if they have no S8 out by then) has anyone used giffgaff before? Are they reliable? 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:49, Demitri_C said:

I would never use Vodafone again after their shocking service. the worst i have ever experienced. Dedicated liars.

My contract is up end of November at last! Going on Giffgaff and going to get Samsung S7 (if they have no S8 out by then) has anyone used giffgaff before? Are they reliable? 

been on giffgaff for at least 18 months and would not use anyone else now. I buy my own phones and have a recurring £10 goody bag each month. If o2 works well in your area then you will be fine.

• 3 months later...

I have a HTC M8 with Vodafone on a Sim only deal. It expires in August. My camera has stopped working so I thought rather then get it fixed that it may be time for a new phone. I called Vodafone about an S7 edge and they quoted me a monthly price of £52 plus £20 initial cost for the handset. Carphone Warehouse have a similar deal (with Vodafone) for way less but Vodafone were not willing to budge at all. Bit annoyed considering how long I have been a customer of theirs. I may wait till August and go somewhere else or I may just buy a phone outright. Maybe the One plus Three. Any suggestions?

Just now, limpid said:

As you've posted in the contracts thread, are you asking what deals might be going in August?

Sorry more if anything I can do to get Vodafone to budge? Obviously the other part of it is the best phone to buy outright but I didn't want to post in two separate threads!

Just now, omariqy said:

Sorry more if anything I can do to get Vodafone to budge? Obviously the other part of it is the best phone to buy outright but I didn't want to post in two separate threads!

Tell them what an amazing deal three have included with your free local newspaper (and you don't own a scanner to send a copy and your camera is broken). Describe the CPW offer. If they don't budge, ask how soon you can get your PAC.

But you know I'd never recommend anyone have a contract to pay for their phone.

Don't you have handset insurance to get the camera repaired?

Going to get a new phone/contract soon.

I've been a 3 (three) customer for probably over 10 years now, never had much trouble with them in fairness.

Going for Samsung Galaxy 7 (not the edge because I don't need it, and in all the reviews, although the screen is slightly smaller, the normal s7 always beats the edge) on a 24 month contract which includes 8gb data, all you can eat minutes and texts and the "feel at home" bonus which enables me to go abroad without worrying about it and tethering up to 12gb (something I've never done, never will do until it's necessary)

£36 a month, no up front cost

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Going to get a new phone/contract soon.

I've been a 3 (three) customer for probably over 10 years now, never had much trouble with them in fairness.

Going for Samsung Galaxy 7 (not the edge because I don't need it, and in all the reviews, although the screen is slightly smaller, the normal s7 always beats the edge) on a 24 month contract which includes 8gb data, all you can eat minutes and texts and the "feel at home" bonus which enables me to go abroad without worrying about it and tethering up to 12gb (something I've never done, never will do until it's necessary)

£36 a month, no up front cost

I am on a sim only contract with Three which I signed up for in July, I had a text offering me a chance to upgrade to a new contract, no early upgrade fee, no upfront cost & the first 3 months free if I move to a Super voice handset. Now If I was offered that contract you got its a no-brainer.

• 2 months later...

So had a text earlier from Three saying when they were hacked in November my account was compromised...................Well I am looking forward to little chat with customer services tomorrow where the words compensate and PAC Code will be used extensively with the later being the eventual outcome.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Really? I'm on Vodafone and I get 4G everywhere. I even get full signal at Villa Park :) 

About the only place I don't get decent signal is my flat!

Yeah mate. I don't get 4g at home, work nowhere!  O2 has green the best fir me find 4g coverage to be honest. But can't complain about contract price it's cheap

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Really? I'm on Vodafone and I get 4G everywhere. I even get full signal at Villa Park :) 

About the only place I don't get decent signal is my flat!

Just got my works mobile, which is Vodafone. Hope I can get a signal as I've had it so I can work from home more! 

Â