Mobile Phone Contracts (Ver 2.0)

Genie

mobiles.co.uk currently have the iPhone 6s 64gb unlimited mins and texts and 2gb of data for £26 a month and £90 upfront (£100 minus £10 off voucher FLASH10 on their site)

Cracking deal for someone in the market for this phone and can get on with Vodafone and its not a lot more than the cost of the phone and you get 2 years of service thrown in.

Had the one plus two for close to a week now and genuinely can't see myself going back to an iPhone. If anyone is considering it I'd definitely recommend it. Only issue I'm having is I'm not overly impressed with the battery but that might be because it's my latest toy and I've spent more time than normal messing around on it and it's the first time I've had kodi on the move.

Dual sim was great to have when transferring numbers and will come in handy once I get a new work sim to save carrying two phones around.

Few issues porting the number across but otherwise can't groan about ee either, signal seems great wherever I've been.

14 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Dual sim was great to have when transferring numbers and will come in handy once I get a new work sim to save carrying two phones around.

Wait. You keep contacts in your SIM? Seriously? I don't think I've done that since I had a Nokia feature phone.

Just now, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Haha no, came in handy when porting the number between networks so that I didn't lose service while waiting because it took two days after the old one switched off to move over.

You can log into an (android) phone without a SIM in it and sync all your contacts from your Google account.

• 2 months later...

LG G4 was a pretty good phone in its day, it can be had now for £12.50 a month on 24 month Talk Mobile (Vodafone) contract with 2GB data. That looked a pretty good deal. Can also get £30 from quidco too making it just £11.25 a month, cheaper than most sim only deals.

Note: Talk mobile not currently offering 4G, so it'll be only 3G data speeds.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/motorola-moto-g4-black-white-talk-mobile-with-2gb-data-1000-minutes-5000-texts-no-2474401

4 hours ago, Genie said:

LG G4 was a pretty good phone in its day, it can be had now for £12.50 a month on 24 month Talk Mobile (Vodafone) contract with 2GB data. That looked a pretty good deal. Can also get £30 from quidco too making it just £11.25 a month, cheaper than most sim only deals.

Note: Talk mobile not currently offering 4G, so it'll be only 3G data speeds.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/motorola-moto-g4-black-white-talk-mobile-with-2gb-data-1000-minutes-5000-texts-no-2474401

It's old now, but it will be ancient in 24 months.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

It's old now, but it will be ancient in 24 months.

Really?

Octacore processor, 2gb ram, 13mp rear camera plus 5mp front camera, 16gb on board plus sd card slot, Android 6.0.1, full HD screen...

All for less than the cost of the sim only tariff (with 3G rather than 4G speed).

Very well reviewed phone, I'd be tempted it wasn't for the 5.5" screen being too big for my liking.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone got the samsung S7? is their much difference from the s6? i use my phone mainly for internet, taking photos and watching things

With the S7 Samsung reintroduced the SD card slot, removable battery and water proofness which were all missing from the S6 (but were in the S5).

• 1 month later...

Contract over with Vodafone. Not really interested in getting another contract for 2 years. Plus I used to get really good 4G with Vodafone until my contract finished and now I get nothing. Sneaky bastards. Any good sim only deals? 12 month or monthly rolling? The best I have seen is EE £20 per month for unltd mins and texts and 16gb data. Plus I hear their coverage is much better.

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Contract over with Vodafone. Not really interested in getting another contract for 2 years. Plus I used to get really good 4G with Vodafone until my contract finished and now I get nothing. Sneaky bastards. Any good sim only deals? 12 month or monthly rolling? The best I have seen is EE £20 per month for unltd mins and texts and 16gb data. Plus I hear their coverage is much better.

Giffgaff do unlimited data, texts and calls for £20  a month

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Giffgaff do unlimited data, texts and calls for £20  a month

Only issue with that one is the speed reduces after 6gb. I use about 8gb a month. No idea how but I do.

On 8/16/2016 at 14:13, omariqy said:

Phone Vodafone to cancel and they offered unltd mins and texts and 14gb data plus Spotify for 12 months for £19 per month. Not a bad deal. I also get 4gb roaming in Europe.

£19:20? Thats the deal they are currently doing. Here!

I think im going to switch from 3 since mine changed from £12 to £30 per month.

@limpid im pretty sure you used to be a great believer in monthly rolling contracts. are you still? how often do you change?

20 hours ago, blandy said:

I've found giffgaff very good. Three were pretty decent too, but the signal at my home on their network was garbage.

I always shied away from Giff Gaff as i travel a decent amount* and they always were terrible with roaming. Seem better now but still think i prefer the Vodafone deal.

*2 years ago, i have a few trips to the US totalling about 2 months. Was amazing to be able to use data there for free the hole time on my £12 contract.

@zak I change we've I feel the need. I just looked around before a trip abroad to see if it was worth changing for the roaming prices, but three don't charge any extra for the country I was interested in.

Â