Mobile Phone Contracts (Ver 2.0)

Genie

20 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Mine is £11.99 and a monthly rolling contract and the only diffence to the above is unlimited texts which is of no interest at not far of double my current price.

Once they stopped selling this, did you think it would last for ever? It's been on life support for a while. I can understand the frustration, but you are paying way, way below what the other providers offer.

You can get up to £70 cash back against the above too, although that might require porting to someone else for a month..

Got my handset Tuesday. Used my PAC Code.

Nothing happened until Wednesday evening when my giff gaff handset stopped working (i.e. was no longer connected, it still worked as a stand alone device). But my new Vodafone phone hadn't connected yet.
No problem there, I'd expect that.

By Thursday lunchtime still nothing on the new phone. I tried ringing but there were long queues so I used live chat on their website. The guy I chatted to said not to worry, it would be done by 4pm.

Fine. Bit longer than I thought it usually takes, but whatever. 

Anyway, 6pm I get home. Still nothing. Chat again. It will "positively" be done by 8pm. 

Whatever. 8pm comes, nothing. **** it, I'm going to bed. 

Friday morning. Still nothing. Chat again at about 10am. 

"Very sorry, there's been a delay. It will defiitely be done within 2-24 hours"

**** hell. 24 hours! This is where my first suspicion that live chat is a load of shite and they're just fobbing me off until they finish their shift and the next scrub has to take my query.

Needless to say I get up this morning and still nothing. I wasn't really expecting it at this stage.

I try chat again, "ah, don't worry, its all done but there's a network problem in your area. Once that's fixed it will automatically finish"

Now I know they're lying. Firstly because their website said there was nothing wrong in my area. Secondly, my company mobile is also Vodafone and that's working on the network without a problem/

So I phone them. I should have done this in the first place because there was a queue, but they do a call back thing. Anyway, they call back, I speak to the porting tea and they say there's been a problem. We'll look into it but it will take 72 hours. Working days. So it will be the end of the day Wednesday before you can use your phone.

So I lost my shit. All to no avail really. I've lodged a complaint, not so much for the delays, but because I was blatantly either being lied to, or the operators were getting duff inforamtion. As it stands I'm going to cancel the contract as soon as they fix the issue, because in my head that will annoy them. I may have calmed down by then and reconsider.

Edited by Stevo985

On 2/20/2016 at 13:31, Stevo985 said:

Vodafone are already screwing me around.

Seriously considering using my 14 day cooling off period to cancel.

Pricks.

Oh dear what was I saying about those kn0bheads stevo?

Worst company I have dealt with in 33 years of living

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Still waiting for my phone to work :crylaugh:

Mate leave them. That is laughable and when I went with them they sent me a blocked phone and they gave me the same crap about its the area problems etc. They are liars no matter how cheap they are, go with someone else.

I am actually shocked people stay with this lame company.. their customer service is diabolical. 

Been having problems too, everything works apart from the fact that Vodafone messed up my mobile internet service which I've been unable to connect to since I got it. They can't give a timescale of when it will be fixed either. What they have said is that I will get two months of unlimited data from the day they are able to sort it out and get me connected. Chap in store said all APN settings are fine, he popped his sim in and it connected. So it's definitely on voda's end and not a fault with the phone. I've told them that if it isn't done by Tuesday then I'll be cancelling. Everything else works fine though apart from the mobile internet.

On the other hand, the z5 is a lovely phone, only thing is that for a 23mp camera, the photos aren't that impressive, some very over aggressive 'softening' going on but a step up from my smart ultra 6. But otherwise, god damn this is a beautiful phone. Even in green.

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Been having problems too, everything works apart from the fact that Vodafone messed up my mobile internet service which I've been unable to connect to since I got it. They can't give a timescale of when it will be fixed either. What they have said is that I will get two months of unlimited data from the day they are able to sort it out and get me connected. Chap in store said all APN settings are fine, he popped his sim in and it connected. So it's definitely on voda's end and not a fault with the phone. I've told them that if it isn't done by Tuesday then I'll be cancelling. Everything else works fine though apart from the mobile internet.

On the other hand, the z5 is a lovely phone, only thing is that for a 23mp camera, the photos aren't that impressive, some very over aggressive 'softening' going on but a step up from my smart ultra 6. But otherwise, god damn this is a beautiful phone. Even in green.

Off topic so I'll keep it brief, the reviews say that the camera is automatically set to 8mp, so you might want to play around with the settings.

On topic, Vodafone are clearly having problems. Are you coming from Giff Gaff?

Nah, EE. Yeah I changed to 23mp and played around with HDR, superior auto, manual etc... and I'm just not that impressed with the camera. Quite unecpectedly noisy pics imo. Not awful obviously but was expecting better. Otherwise a cracking phone.

Update: I'm cancelling & taking it back it tomorrow now anyway. If it's problems straight away there will be more over next 2 years. Rang up EE to initially give 30 days notice of ending my current contract and they offered me an LG G4 with 10gb for £35 a month and they waived the £99 upfront cost so have that coming tomorrow. Never had a problem with EE so I'm happy to pay the extra for peace of mind. Could probably get the g4 cheaper somewhere but over 2 years I'm not bothered and I can't afford one upfront anyway.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Ordered an s7 for £39.99 a month on EE 5GB, whatever mins and texts I won't use them. £50 voucher code from uswitch makes it free upfront.

My Nexus 5 is playing up a lot recently.

I'm leaving Vodafone too. Still no working phone on my end.

Spoke to them yesterday. The guy absolutely poured his heart out and promised it would be fixed yesterday. "I will personally supervise this" blah blah blah

Still nothing.

Just spoke to them again "The porting team have requested you wait another 24-48 hours"

Will I ****. Go **** yourselves.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â