Mobile Phone Contracts (Ver 2.0)

Genie

15 minutes ago, limpid said:

Rather than make us all follow the link - which network and what's the contract term?

Contract with EE, but I presume e2save act as a provider for them? I tried purchasing it but it keeps saying transaction failed, but has taken q penny from my account (pending) Looking on ther twitter it seems quite a few issues with the company so wishing I'd avoided now! 

27 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Contract with EE, but I presume e2save act as a provider for them? I tried purchasing it but it keeps saying transaction failed, but has taken q penny from my account (pending) Looking on ther twitter it seems quite a few issues with the company so wishing I'd avoided now! 

Seeing as you didn't answer. It's a 12 month lock in and to get that price you have to claim 5 separate cash backs over the year. I bet they aren't around for a year, I doubt they'll be around by the time of the first cash back after 4 months. They'll take the new account kick backs, fold the company and you'll be locked into the contract with EE.  However £20 per month isn't too bad for what they're offering, but I'd buy it direct from EE via your usual cash back site.

• Like 1

E2save have been around for about 10 years now, so they probably won't be folding anytime soon, they do love to reject claims for frivolous reasons then "refuse to discuss the matter any further",  I'd probably give them a miss. They do pay out if you follow everything to the letter, their business model is based upon people forgetting to claim in time (which is why it's staggered payments, several months after the contract starts), as well as people being sloppy with the paperwork.

On a sidenote, when they do pay out, they only transfer money via cheque, 8 weeks later. What year is it?

Edited by Davkaus

On 24/02/2016 at 20:24, mykeyb said:

No I didn't, but what I did think would happen is it would go up every 12 months by whatever rate they can increase it by. That's what happens in most cases.

I have not had the letter yet, if and when it comes I will look at what is on offer, i would rather convert to a PAYG rather than sign up for a 12 month contract though.

Well surprise surprise I had the letter from Three today. Moving me to their new contract which was similar to my current one at an extra £7.00 a month and all for my benefit apparently.

Phoned to cancel to see what was offered. Ended up with AYCE minutes and texts and 4GB of data for £14.00 instead of my £12.99 but it's a 12 month deal. The monthly deal was an extra £3 a month which was too much of a premium.

I never use many minutes before but now it's unlimited I will bloody use it at every chance, Three are going to regret giving me unlimited minutes for 12 months......

On 4/11/2016 at 18:54, limpid said:

Seeing as you didn't answer. It's a 12 month lock in and to get that price you have to claim 5 separate cash backs over the year. I bet they aren't around for a year, I doubt they'll be around by the time of the first cash back after 4 months. They'll take the new account kick backs, fold the company and you'll be locked into the contract with EE.  However £20 per month isn't too bad for what they're offering, but I'd buy it direct from EE via your usual cash back site.

Yeah I agree cashback deals at the worst. They try everything in their power not to give you the cashback, back. Would rather go direct every time. dont think you can go wrong with the £15 deal on giffgaff

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah I agree cashback deals at the worst. They try everything in their power not to give you the cashback, back. Would rather go direct every time. dont think you can go wrong with the £15 deal on giffgaff

o2 still haven't fixed the data issue where I live so I can't consider GiffGaff again yet. Having reviewed my usage on three, I've actually gone for 2GB / 200 mins on a one month rolling contract at £14. I must be spending a lot more time in wifi range (thanks Chiltern Railways) than I was. I could actually go for the GG £12 or even £10 on my current usage, but the difference is probably covered by roaming charges on a single foreign trip.

55 minutes ago, limpid said:

And that Vodafone's coverage is appalling outside of cities :)

My employers are very much in bed with vodafone for all company mobiles and ipads, therefore we have 2 masts actually onsite where we work. 

My wife has been with talk mobile for a couple of years and I've never heard her complain about coverage.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

My employers are very much in bed with vodafone for all company mobiles and ipads, therefore we have 2 masts actually onsite where we work. 

My wife has been with talk mobile for a couple of years and I've never heard her complain about coverage.

So are mine and so do we. We have vehicles all over the country all the time and the mobile devices in them spend a lot of time out of coverage. I know as I can see them reconnecting. If their coverage is good enough for you, then no worries. It's entirely possible that all the networks are the same. As I carry a work phone and a personal phone a lot, my experience is that all the other networks are in coverage more often. Vodafone is poor enough that I don't even try to use the company paid data for tethering.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

There's lots of good deals on Talkmobile (Vodafone Network) at the moment. These have been found via the MSE website

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/compare-samsung-galaxy-deals

For example Galaxy S6

image.jpg

Note 4

Note4.jpg

The catch with TalkMobile is that they do not currently offer 4G data speeds.

I would rather use paper cups with string as a phone that ever use that useless company vodaphone again

Edited by Demitri_C

Yep, I understand. Its not for everyone. For home and work I have the choice of O2 or VF (I have one of each - work / personal).

Both at home and at work EE & T-mobile/Orange are useless.

I'd consider Vodafone or one of their piggy networks if the price was right. Currently very happy with the 4G speeds I'm getting with giffgaff for £12 (2GB).

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Both at home and at work EE & T-mobile/Orange are useless.

I think you probably know, but for others these are all the same network. The fourth network is three. :) 

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I think you probably know, but for others these are all the same network. The fourth network is three. :)

Yes! That's actually what I meant :D EE & 3 are no good for me. Vodafone/O2 are excellent.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

The fourth network is three

Well, it's a rubbish name then. Why not call it "Four" - that way people will much more clearly know what they're getting into. It worked for telly channels, so it ought to work for telly phones. Get it sorted, OFCOM.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Well, it's a rubbish name then. Why not call it "Four" - that way people will much more clearly know what they're getting into. It worked for telly channels, so it ought to work for telly phones. Get it sorted, OFCOM.

Because when it was introduced it was the fifth :)

• Like 1

Â