Mobile Phone Contracts (Ver 2.0)

Genie

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, omariqy said:

Direct business deal with EE for iPhone 15. 36 month contract. £33 per month plus £10 up front. 50gb. Pretty good no?

No, not a great deal imo. Total cost = £1198, plus inflationary rises x2 or x3 (depends if this April will be included).

You can get an iPhone 15 for about £630 then a sim only contract with that amount of data for £10 a month.

Or If the 3 network (ID) works for you then you can get a 24 month contract with 100GB a month for £728 total (uswitch). Vodafone is just over £800 total (plus inflation).

My advice would be to get as low a monthly cost as possible as the inflation plus 3.9% increases will bump the cost up significantly.

Edited by Genie

3 hours ago, Genie said:

No, not a great deal imo. Total cost = £1198, plus inflationary rises x2 or x3 (depends if this April will be included).

You can get an iPhone 15 for about £630 then a sim only contract with that amount of data for £10 a month.

Or If the 3 network (ID) works for you then you can get a 24 month contract with 100GB a month for £728 total (uswitch). Vodafone is just over £800 total (plus inflation).

My advice would be to get as low a monthly cost as possible as the inflation plus 3.9% increases will bump the cost up significantly.

Thanks. I'm tempted by the 15 pro but not many deals about for that don't think.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Thanks. I'm tempted by the 15 pro but not many deals about for that don't think.

Theres barely anything between the 12, 13, 14 or 15 tbh so I’d personally look at one of the previous models and get a better deal / more storage / more data for your money. 

They all look the same too, especially in a case. The 14 has the dynamic island so that’s the biggest visual difference. 

Another option is giffgaff, they do new and as new handsets you pay monthly either in addition to a giffgaff sim contract or separately. Put whatever you want down as  lump and the rest spread over 6, 12, 18 or 24 months.

GiffGaff Refurbished iPhones

My old man has just purchased a refurbished iPhone 11 Pro Max. Immaculate condition. You'd think it was brand new. Not a blemish. 

Something like that combined with a sim only deal is what I'd be going for - much better bang for buck, as @Genie says. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

I've decided to get a refurbished iPhone 13 pro max. So on the hunt for one. Giffgaf had some available for £349 (256gb version) but they have sold out. I could get the 128gb version for £399 (weird I know) but I don't like missing out on a deal. 

55 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I've decided to get a refurbished iPhone 13 pro max. So on the hunt for one. Giffgaf had some available for £349 (256gb version) but they have sold out. I could get the 128gb version for £399 (weird I know) but I don't like missing out on a deal. 

having had a quick look round £399 Is still a good deal. Bizarre i know, but that one at £349 was a steal. The one's i'm seeing at the usual places are well in excess of £450

Forget the one that's gone, it's gone. Ask yourself are you happy with 128gb and £399 and if you are snap it up. Looks like it's still a deal to me.

16 minutes ago, imavillan said:

having had a quick look round £399 Is still a good deal. Bizarre i know, but that one at £349 was a steal. The one's i'm seeing at the usual places are well in excess of £450

Forget the one that's gone, it's gone. Ask yourself are you happy with 128gb and £399 and if you are snap it up. Looks like it's still a deal to me.

True. It just hurts I missed out as I saw the deal but didnt get a chance because of work to buy it. I suppose I can always give it back!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

True. It just hurts I missed out as I saw the deal but didnt get a chance because of work to buy it. I suppose I can always give it back!

Keep an eye on the giffgaff page as stock is coming and going all the time. The pro non-Max can be had for £379.

• 1 month later...

Just got the Google Pixel 8 with unlimited calls and SMS, 5G, and 300GB data for £21 a month with iD (three network). I've always been android, but this phone is great. So easy to use. I know it's been out since October last year, but one of the reasons I went for this is that they're supporting the release of Android it's on for 7 years.

The rear camera is awesome, and the AI features are actually really quite useful.

Just thought I'd mention in case anyone is looking. I was with 3 previously and had a Huawei P40 Pro. I've been a SIM only customer for a while but they've been putting prices up continually. The cost of the new phone and package is only £8 a month more than what 3 want to charge me for a SIM only with 50GB of data a month.

• Like 1

Â