Mobile Phone Contracts (Ver 2.0)

Genie

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just got my works mobile, which is Vodafone. Hope I can get a signal as I've had it so I can work from home more! 

Might as well order your Vodafone Sure Signal now.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Just got my works mobile, which is Vodafone. Hope I can get a signal as I've had it so I can work from home more! 

I think it's my flat. Literally stood outside my flat it works fine. Inside and no signal. 

Anywhere round four oaks it's perfect

• Like 1

On 14/03/2017 at 21:41, Xela said:

I'm on talk mobile which uses voda phone and I haven't had 4G once. Appalling network coverage 

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm on talk mobile which uses vodka phone and I haven't had 4G once. Appalling network coverage 

Reception seems fine at home. 4G all the time.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm on talk mobile which uses voda phone and I haven't had 4G once. Appalling network coverage 

Talk mobile don't do 4G that's why :D

Update:

4G signal 

Sometimes we’re asked why we don’t have 4G signal. Well, it's really a matter of timing. 

As a fair-minded value brand, we'll offer 4G once it's available to everybody in the UK. We don't expect this will be too long and we'll let our customers know as soon as it's an option.

https://talkmobile.co.uk/about-talkmobile/signal

Edited by Genie

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do they offer 3G because I don't even get that!

3G should in theory be as per Vodafone but the 4G service is not yet available to talk mobile, I guess it keeps the prices down as TM seemed to be the cheapest around.

On 18/03/2017 at 16:34, Demitri_C said:

On 18/03/2017 at 19:44, Genie said:

Talk mobile don't do 4G that's why :D

:crylaugh: 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's ionly a sim only deal so i can leave at any point thankfully. For £10 I get unlimited text 2500 minutes and 4g Of data so not bAd :D

After getting absolutely nowhere with the CS @ Three I eventually went for a rolling monthly contract, 4GB of data AYCE minutes and texts for £11.00. They did offer me a 2 quid discount if I signed up for a 12 month deal but I politely declined their offer. I now need to start looking at other options EE seems reasonable.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wife's phone starting dicking about, battery life has dropped significantly and it needs a restart to accept charge.

Ive been happy with my Oneplus 5, coincidently the 5T comes out next month.

I'm getting a new phone...

• 3 months later...

My work phone bill is getting caned through the dopey deal someone struck with a third party provider... Ive been cleared to get a phone personal phone deal and re-bill it to the work so i need some advice.

I travel to Turkey and the  Middle East( UAE, Qatar,Kuwait, Oman) a lot and thats where the big bill hits are coming from. any ideas on who has the best international roaming deals?  

To those countries you're going to get bills through the roof with any provider. Is getting a local sim in those countries an option for you? Maybe even just for data, in conjunction with a VOIP app?

Edited by Davkaus

56 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To those countries you're going to get bills through the roof with any provider. Is getting a local sim in those countries an option for you? Maybe even just for data, in conjunction with a VOIP app?

That was my first thought, but i could do without the faff of dealing with numerous sim cards ..

Some providers offer daily bolt-ons to your data/call allowances which would help, but there doesn't seem to be one provider covering all the countries I visit.

21 hours ago, astondalston said:

That was my first thought, but i could do without the faff of dealing with numerous sim cards ..

Some providers offer daily bolt-ons to your data/call allowances which would help, but there doesn't seem to be one provider covering all the countries I visit.

Get a dual sim phone.

• 5 months later...

Silly question because I'm getting no joy with O2, when you agree a contract, say £40pm for x amount of calls/text/data, is that £40 inclusive of vat?

I ask because they are charging vat onto of the agreed tariff.

Â