The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Just now, peterms said:

How ironic that three of them fell into the Corbyn / Marr Trap. A trap that shouts out "it's a trap" at the top of it's lungs as anyone approaches. (I still think Corbyn jumped into the trap but hey ho)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peterms said:

2 correct (or OK) answers Lewis and Starmer. Even I wouldn't give Corbz a 0 and I can't stand the bloke as a politician (leader), he's absolutely dreadful and proven so, now.

0 and 10 are ludicrous. Starmer's is an intelligent answer and Lewis is also OK by me (I'd score him about 2 or 3), but Lewis resigned his post because he disagreed with Corbz, and the score he gave recognises  that and their disagreements, but doesn't slaughter him. It's essentially an honest answer reflecting a kind of reality. Starmer's could be used by a Tory to say "he wouldn't even say what he thought..." or "avoided answering" - not fair, but that's the way boliticians mostly are.

If you watch the Thornberry interview, she gives him 2/10 for his handling of anti-Semitism, 10/10 for bring people in to the party and enthusing them, and 0/10 for the handling of the election.  Which averages out as a 4/10, although obviously the election should be weighted more heavily.  0/10 for his election performance is probably being generous to be honest.

Didn’t even get Thornberry’s name right, but Its a bit selective as Thornberry gave him 10/10 on principal and policy  or something and qualified her 0/10 as being on election performance ... which is probably a higher score than he deserves 

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

2 correct (or OK) answers Lewis and Starmer. Even I wouldn't give Corbz a 0 and I can't stand the bloke as a politician (leader), he's absolutely dreadful and proven so, now.

0 and 10 are ludicrous. Starmer's is an intelligent answer and Lewis is also OK by me (I'd score him about 2 or 3), but Lewis resigned his post because he disagreed with Corbz, and the score he gave recognises  that and their disagreements, but doesn't slaughter him. It's essentially an honest answer reflecting a kind of reality. Starmer's could be used by a Tory to say "he wouldn't even say what he thought..." or "avoided answering" - not fair, but that's the way boliticians mostly are.

My view is that playing daft games with imbeciles only encourages them.

If we want a better media, we need to train them in better behaviour, by refusing to descend to their preferred level of imbecility.  Like housetraining a dog.

Starmer (not my preferred candidate) does so.  Well done him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

I wonder how many... "I'm sorry, who are you again" answers he got? or even "What charity are you from?"

Obviously, the answer is "none".

I don't get what is wrong with him doing this.

He's not an obvious front runner, but far more credible than the laughable Owen (goal) Smith and several of the other nonentities who ran in 2015, whose names escape me already, thank god.

It's a proper, sensible, respectable and accepted course of action to sound out potential supporters before committing.  The answers you get will vary from yes please, to not now, to don't split the vote, to I don't think you're cut out for it, and other things.

I can see from your posting history that you really, really don't like him, but you should recognise as a simple fact that he is a possible contender, even if you don't welcome that.

48 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Isn't the point that, within 24 hours, it has become obvious even to himself that he is not actually any sort of possible contender?

And quite frankly never was, I'm more wondering what was the point? It's the staggering lack of awareness of his place in the grand scheme of things. It must be the shortest lived leadership bid in the history of the Labour Party

Anyone with more than half a brain would have sounded people out first before announcing their bid.

Amateurish doesn't really cover it

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, peterms said:

It's a proper, sensible, respectable and accepted course of action to sound out potential supporters before committing. 

If only he'd done that before getting it put in George Osborne's organ

Â