The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

12 hours ago, peterms said:

My view is that playing daft games with imbeciles only encourages them.

Yeah, I suppose if all politicans started refusing to answer what they saw as daft questions aimed at here today gone tomorrow headlines we might get better information. But on the other hand any reasonably bright person ought to be able to deal with idiotic questions relatively easily and in the process highlight the stupidity.

On this specific question, it's not (IMO) that daft a question. The context of Labour just having been horsed in an election, where the Tories were split, have largely wrecked the place over the last 9 and a half years, have created the Brexit mess and so on and yet still won massively is one in which it's absolutely fair and right to ask Labour leader candidates whether the problem they have was caused by their previous leader and/or how good a leader was he in the opinion of the candidate. Shorthanded, that's "can you give him marks out of 10?". The question, as you pointed out, exposed (in your twitters view) 3 of the candidates as  (paraphrasing) effwits.

At a slight tangent, we could almost turn round your sage advice, in a way - I mean there are far too many imbeciles with jobs as politicians and it's essentially pointless (the media) trying to get any sense from them, so the media are often left with little choice but to ask very simpleton questions of the effwits.

It's like a mutual stupidity conspiracy, the media-politican thing. And it's been handed an extra dimension in recent times by the new approach of Trump and Johnson of just blatantly lying. At least we used to get to see that either a politican either couldn't fog a mirror, or was intellectually capable.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, peterms said:

you should recognise as a simple fact that he is a possible contender

Well, he's clearly not. His own party MPs have rather made that clear. The bloke is one of the effwits I was talking about. It's abundantly clear. Sometimes, even most times, people's views of politicians are formed from witnessing their performances in interviews and debates and so on. And those views are widely held. Gardner's a case in point.

Sure people may have their view skewed by the media, by their personal political stance, or by other things - friends, family, prejudices etc. but most often someone who appears to be an incapable idiot is seen as exactly that - it's not party political - Liz Truss,  Richard Burgeon, Mark Francois, Leadsom, Corbyn and an endless stream of others - they are all irredeemably too dim to be allowed anywhere near leadership roles, whatever their other charachterisitics. Then there's the clever fools, like Gove. People see this.

52 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Corbyn saw fit to make this absolute idiot Shadow Secretary for International Trade, says it all.

And seemingly pushed him in front of a camera every time he couldn't be arsed turning up himself

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Clive Lewis has just said he wants to have a referendum on abolishing the monarchy.

Get's my vote. Doubt it'll be a popular policy for Labour though

other than the completely removed from reality  English hating vegan loving hotbed of yogurt knitters  that is VT i doubt it's popular anywhere tbh  :P

Edited by tonyh29

Just now, meregreen said:

It was popular in 1642. 😉

It's the new way of combatting the perceived Brexiter vote 😛 . If they want to go back to the 1950s, we'll go back to the 1640s! AHAHAHAHA! It's foolproof!

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

other than the completely removed from reality  English hating vegan loving hotbed of yogurt knitters  that is VT i doubt it's popular anywhere tbh  :P

you don't come to the People's Republic of Merseyside often do you?

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I just think it should be put out to tender every now and again to see if anyone else would be willing to do it cheaper. There must be people out there that can wave and breed that would do it for less money.

Or, if that’s too modern a way to pick a monarch, we should be allowed to fight her for it.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I just think it should be put out to tender every now and again to see if anyone else would be willing to do it cheaper. There must be people out there that can wave and breed that would do it for less money.

Or, if that’s too modern a way to pick a monarch, we should be allowed to fight her for it.

I think there should be some form of alternative biennial National Lottery. Top prize: Monarch for two years, then all the way down to two numbers and a lucky star getting you Wessex's gig.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

boris johnson GIF

he can breed and knows how to take a person down  , if we can teach him to wave  we have a winner 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

boris johnson GIF

he can breed and knows how to take a person down  , if we can teach him to wave  we have a winner 

And he’d fall over that balcony first time a plane went over.

Looks like we have a rare VT consensus.

Rayner seems a shoe in for Deputy, there's no way the current membership will elect Ian Murray

And you might aswell drop Thornberry and Lewis off the leader list today, neither are going to make it to the ballot

23 hours ago, Rodders said:

It's the new way of combatting the perceived Brexiter vote 😛 . If they want to go back to the 1950s, we'll go back to the 1640s! AHAHAHAHA! It's foolproof!

Woohoo!

When do we invade Ireland? 

Â