The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

An opportunity for genuine change. Surely it can only be a good thing?

Jumping on a land mine produces genuine change too, that doesn't make it a good thing. I think that's pretty analogous with what Labour has done to itself today. 

Seems like Corbyn is the only person who has anything like the reasonable idea about anything.

Kind of like the Green Party but actually electable.

Problem is, the scared right Etonian club with their media friends are going to be aiming every weapon at him.

• Like 2

Yep all this unelectable nonsense is based on what the media allow to be electable.

Most of his policies are actually desired by the electorate but he will be slandered to hell for the next 5 years.

Most of his policies are desired by the electorate? What orifice did you pull that little factoid from?!

It's got bugger all to do with what the media will allow to be electable and nothing to do with "Etonians" (does anybody think that most Tory voters went to Eton??), it's got everything to do with Corbyn's policies. 

Leave NATO, nationalise the banking sector, the magic money tree, etc. All big ticket stuff and all errant nonsense.   He'll get slaughtered for what he believes, not because the media then report on it.

Just because a few 100K students and old school lefties think these are good ideas doesn't mean the electorate will agree. Labour learned nothing from the last election defeat, more fool them.

• Like 2

Jumping on a land mine produces genuine change too, that doesn't make it a good thing. I think that's pretty analogous with what Labour has done to itself today. 

ironic that there was a vote against assisted suicide the other day and labour have committed suicide with no assistance today.

Yep all this unelectable nonsense is based on what the media allow to be electable. Most of his policies are actually desired by the electorate but he will be slandered to hell for the next 5 years.

He probably is unelectable, his age is as big a factor as his policies.  I still voted for him. He's there to bring the discussion back to the left, to publicise a point of view which David Cameron and Rupert Murdoch have done a pretty good job of burying in recent years. 

• Like 3

ironic that there was a vote against assisted suicide the other day and labour have committed suicide with no assistance today.

It's notable how quickly the majority of senior Labour MP's have ruled themselves out of serving in his Shadow Cabinet. He's going to be left trying to fill a seat or two with the absolute dross of Labour, people like Diane Abbott. 

It will be really interesting to see what happens to the Parliamentary party now because the disconnect between most of them and the views of the Party members seem irreconcilable on the face of it. 

I do hope Corbyn follows up with his threat to take the idiocy out of PMQ's and turn it into a proper session of holding the government to account. Cameron won't come off well if he stands sneering and trying to be funny, they need to take him and his arguments seriously.     

• Like 1

Yep all this unelectable nonsense is based on what the media allow to be electable.

Most of his policies are actually desired by the electorate but he will be slandered to hell for the next 5 years.

Most of his policies are desired by the electorate? What orifice did you pull that little factoid from?!

It's got bugger all to do with what the media will allow to be electable and nothing to do with "Etonians" (does anybody think that most Tory voters went to Eton??), it's got everything to do with Corbyn's policies. 

Leave NATO, nationalise the banking sector, the magic money tree, etc. All big ticket stuff and all errant nonsense.   He'll get slaughtered for what he believes, not because the media then report on it.

Just because a few 100K students and old school lefties think these are good ideas doesn't mean the electorate will agree. Labour learned nothing from the last election defeat, more fool them.

exactly ... Have 2 likes for winning the argument 

I suppose the burning question now is who is the next PM .... Boris , Osborne or May ?

When Cameron stands down before the next election, you mean?

yep the next leadership election but without the £3 to sabotage a party entry fee 

Good to see Kendall ruling herself out of any sort of shadow cabinet role.

4% of the vote should tell her everything she needs to know about her vision for light blue labour.

and yet I thought she was the candidate that supporters thought could unite the party and take it forward ?

i suspect these 3 know how Dave M felt now , when events conspire against you in an election you thought was yours 

if the Diane Abbot in the shadow cabinet rumour is true then that noise you hear for the next 16 minutes will be me laughing my head off 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Â