The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Well this should certainly make things interesting. He has a mandate so the butthurt Blairites can't really get shot of him just yet, and the Tories in all their tiresome and entirely predictable fear-mongering hysteria have hit new levels of absurdity by plastering the face of a rather endearing 66 year old man on a poster and claiming he's a threat to national, economic and YOUR FAMILY'S security.

I also enjoy that he's already pissed off the London elite by deciding to give Marr a miss.

Anyway he's got some job on his hands if he wants to win an election. I don't think he will, as I've said before, because he's a threat to the establishment and middle-class privilege.  He won't win the middle, Scotland is gone, and those voters than went to the Kippers have a different view on immigration (to put it gently). The only hope he has is to build a strong grassroots movement that wins over those people that don't vote, which is feasible but insanely difficult. 

• Like 4

Someone put it rather well on the radio earlier; Labour have ditched Miliband's 35% strategy in favour of Corbyn's 20% strategy.  I reckon that's as good an approximation of the next few years as any professional pundit will manage.

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

Interesting how many Tories really hate him. Surely they should like him as he's obviously no threat to them?

I haven't spoken to anyone of any political persuasion who hates Corbyn. Have any of your Tory mates told you that's how they feel?

• Like 1

It hardly can be a coincidence but the BBC are showing J B Priestley's An Inspector Calls tonight (2030) which is definitely one for the Lefties and a brilliant reminder about social responsibility and selfishness.

I don't expect it to be as good as the wonderful Alistair Sim version but it will be interesting to see how it compares.:)

Interesting how many Tories really hate him. Surely they should like him as he's obviously no threat to them?

it would be very strange if they were to hate him based on what school he went to for example  ..nah nobody would ever do that

• Like 3

Well, one day in to being leader, our local Labour councillor and Labour candidate at the last GE (Chris Elmore) has gone from tweeting congrats and hopes for unity and winning mentality - to retweeting 3 or 4 anti Corbyn messages.

That didn't take long did it.

I haven't voted Labour in a very long time. If that arse is the candidate next time, he'll get nothing from me. I now have two contradictions. A half decent local MP that shows an interest in local matters - but his bosses are Bullingdon boys. A Labour leader I'm interested in (let's see how that pans out over time), with a local representative that is briefing against him 24 hours into the job.

Party politics is pish, and has been past its sell-by date for years. If the candidate gives a shit and does well for your local community then vote for them regardless of their bosses. If they give a shit then chances are they aren't an elitist dimwit like Cameron anyway.

That said, if you vote Tory I hope an old toothless man sucks on your toes at night.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Well, one day in to being leader, our local Labour councillor and Labour candidate at the last GE (Chris Elmore) has gone from tweeting congrats and hopes for unity and winning mentality - to retweeting 3 or 4 anti Corbyn messages.

That didn't take long did it.

I haven't voted Labour in a very long time. If that arse is the candidate next time, he'll get nothing from me. I now have two contradictions. A half decent local MP that shows an interest in local matters - but his bosses are Bullingdon boys. A Labour leader I'm interested in (let's see how that pans out over time), with a local representative that is briefing against him 24 hours into the job.

you need look no further than David Blunkett .  Saturday after the result was saying that the party would unite and there would be no recriminations then yesterday saying he called on the party to give Corbyn and Watson 'more loyalty than either of them showed previous leaders'

Edited by Richard

I haven't spoken to anyone of any political persuasion who hates Corbyn. Have any of your Tory mates told you that's how they feel?

OK then, how about severely dislike. And with that I can include yourself, the 3 other usual suspects in this thread, and DC himself.

it would be very strange if they were to hate him based on what school he went to for example  ..nah nobody would ever do that

Just because I (facetiously) described a group as Etonian doesn't mean I have any feelings one way or the other for anyone who went there. Or have I missed something?

OK then, how about severely dislike. And with that I can include yourself, the 3 other usual suspects in this thread, and DC himself

nice grouping of posters there,  and putting words in mouth as well.

i do not severely dislike Corbyn,  you should read my posts a bit better. In fact why would I dislike him? He's going to deliver conservative election victories.

Â