The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Just watched the last leadership debate on Sky (I'm am interesting bloke) and Cooper utterly shredded Corbyn on his 'print free money' economic plan... But, the audience cheered his repeated deflection and blatant nonsense to the rafters. The instant poll afterwards had Corbyn on 80% with Mrs Ed Balls on 5%. 

It seems pretty clear now that Corbyn will storm this leadership election and then destroy Labour as an electoral force. Once he is spouting this carp beyond the echo chamber of his supporters then you can stick a fork in Labour, 'cos they're done.

• Like 2

I'd no interest in watching but it's on sky News now so I've got the highlights if there is such a word.... That he got huge cheers just for saying he wouldn't buy the sun shows the make up of the audiance 

If these 4 were the best labour could muster then they may as well call it a day now 

• Like 1

The public are ready for an opposing voice, I think that's clear. Whether or not Corbyn can win the argument is another matter. I don't think he will. To do so he'll either have to get the non-voters to vote for him, which I maintain won't happen as long as he's asking them to vote for Labour, or he'll have to win the mythical Middle England, and to do that he'll have to convince them to give up their privileges, which will never happen.

He didn't say an 'alternative voice', he said 'an opposing voice'. I think claiming that 'the public want an opposing voice' is very far-fetched (the Tories are polling over 40% at the moment) but Labour Party members clearly do want an opposing voice. 

Just watched the last leadership debate on Sky (I'm am interesting bloke) and Cooper utterly shredded Corbyn on his 'print free money' economic plan... But, the audience cheered his repeated deflection and blatant nonsense to the rafters. The instant poll afterwards had Corbyn on 80% with Mrs Ed Balls on 5%. 

It seems pretty clear now that Corbyn will storm this leadership election and then destroy Labour as an electoral force. Once he is spouting this carp beyond the echo chamber of his supporters then you can stick a fork in Labour, 'cos they're done.

I'd no interest in watching but it's on sky News now so I've got the highlights if there is such a word.... That he got huge cheers just for saying he wouldn't buy the sun shows the make up of the audiance 

If these 4 were the best labour could muster then they may as well call it a day now 

AWOL he will destroy them which is sad for democracy.  However it will prove final and once and for all that we are not a left wing country as some people seem to wish or think we are. 

Tony I actually like Kendall.  I think,  although I disagree totally with her policies,  she is an impressive politician,  resilient and has an alternate point but puts it across in a sensible and credible way. 

• Like 1

AWOL he will destroy them which is sad for democracy.  However it will prove final and once and for all that we are not a left wing country as some people seem to wish or think we are. 

Tony I actually like Kendall.  I think,  although I disagree totally with her policies,  she is an impressive politician,  resilient and has an alternate point but puts it across in a sensible and credible way. 

They are mainly the same policies as your party so maybe some self reassessment is in order in the house of Richard

There was always something about Corbyn that made me distrust him .... Even after his pandering to terrorists , the bonkers policies , the dodgy beard in the 70's even looking past that and finally today on the BBC I found out what it was 

he's a bloody vegetarian .... 

• Like 1

There was always something about Corbyn that made me distrust him .... Even after his pandering to terrorists , the bonkers policies , the dodgy beard in the 70's even looking past that and finally today on the BBC I found out what it was 

he's a bloody vegetarian .... 

I thought it was interesting on that programme that virtually the last talking head was Tristram Hunt, a Labour MP famed by some for crossing a picket line giving the excuse that 'he wasn't in that union', son of Baron Hunt of Chesterton, and educated at Trinity College Cambridge felt that Corbyn could pull Labour to the left.

Lord forbid that should happen.

I don't mean to come over as an inverted snob, but, you know, come on.

• Like 2

That was one hell of an impressive hatchet job by the Beeb last night. Too little, too late, you toadying words removed. Jez really has got 'The Establishment' running scared. The tabloids, the Beeb, the PLP,  even the Guardian have all been lining up for a pop.

If he doesn't win, I'm certain there will be some sort of legal challenge, as I've heard there have been in the region of 60-100k rejected voters (almost all Jez, one would assume)

That was one hell of an impressive hatchet job by the Beeb last night. Too little, too late, you toadying words removed. Jez really has got 'The Establishment' running scared. The tabloids, the Beeb, the PLP,  even the Guardian have all been lining up for a pop.

If he doesn't win, I'm certain there will be some sort of legal challenge, as I've heard there have been in the region of 60-100k rejected voters (almost all Jez, one would assume)

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same  .... I figure it's more for the rest of us'ssss benefit rather than to influence the Labour vote though  .... Mrs H watched a bit of it last night and said bloody hell does he think he's a communist  .... this was her impression after a few minutes having never even heard of him before

There were bits of what he said where I thought , you know what I could agree \ vote for that  .... but they were far outweighed by his solution on finding the money ( it's never gonna happen ) and he also comes across as far to arrogant ( he's not alone there when it comes to politicians .. when they do that "if you let me finish line " )

Ultimately once the noise of the clever people on twitter dies down and they move onto the next bandwagon the party will start a hatchet job internally and  he'll be gone before the next election  .... 

• Like 2

They were already theorising on Radio 4 this morning that the tories are holding off another vote in the commons regarding bombing in Syria.

The theory went that they only have a majority of 12, some of them will not vote for bombing, but if/when Corbyn is leader he will want to vote against bombing. This would be an instant opportunity for 50% of the Labour MP's in the commons to vote against him, guarantee a tory vote win and trigger an instant no confidence in Corbyn. Giving the tories another unopposed 6 months and Labour a chance of getting their shit together with years to go before an election.

It was like listening to Oliver Stone's JFK done in received pronunciation voice over. Conspiracies within conspiracies.

A Sun reporter has accused Labour leadership frontrunner Jeremy Corbyn (pictured, Reuters) of being "rather rude".

The newspaper has also told how Corbyn "ran away" from Westminster correspondent Harry Cole yesterday, telling him: “I am NOT speaking to The Sun.”

According to the Sun Nation website, the conversation on College Green, Westminster, went:

SunNation: "Jeremy, Jeremy. Sorry to bother you, Harry Cole from the Sun."

Jeremy Corbyn: “Goodbye.”

SunNation: “I was wondering if you had a message for the Queen as she becomes the longest serving monarch on Wednesday.”

Jeremy Corbyn: “Good-BYE.”

SunNation: “Or whether you will be celebrating that in any way?”

Jeremy Corbyn to aide: “Can you ask this man to please go away.”

Jeremy Corbyn: “I am NOT speaking to The Sun.

No truck with Murdoch's tawdry propaganda rag then.

Press Gazette

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same  .... I figure it's more for the rest of us'ssss benefit rather than to influence the Labour vote though  .... Mrs H watched a bit of it last night and said bloody hell does he think he's a communist  .... this was her impression after a few minutes having never even heard of him before

My missus said basically the same thing. Then went on to add that she'd wished she'd paid the £3 for a vote.

My missus was a dangerous commie insurgent way before twitter was a thing.

• Like 3

A Sun reporter has accused Labour leadership frontrunner Jeremy Corbyn (pictured, Reuters) of being "rather rude".

The newspaper has also told how Corbyn "ran away" from Westminster correspondent Harry Cole yesterday, telling him: “I am NOT speaking to The Sun.”

According to the Sun Nation website, the conversation on College Green, Westminster, went:

SunNation: "Jeremy, Jeremy. Sorry to bother you, Harry Cole from the Sun."

Jeremy Corbyn: “Goodbye.”

SunNation: “I was wondering if you had a message for the Queen as she becomes the longest serving monarch on Wednesday.”

Jeremy Corbyn: “Good-BYE.”

SunNation: “Or whether you will be celebrating that in any way?”

Jeremy Corbyn to aide: “Can you ask this man to please go away.”

Jeremy Corbyn: “I am NOT speaking to The Sun.

No truck with Murdoch's tawdry propaganda rag then.

Press Gazette

we'll done have to applaud him on that

• Like 2

Â