The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Well as far as I'm aware there is overwhelming support for renationalising the railways amongst other public services, and a reintroduction of a higher tax rate on the super rich.

presumably this envy tax is popular in some quarters but I've not really seen overwhelming support for it , do you have a link to where you got this info ?

• Like 1

Well as far as I'm aware there is overwhelming support for renationalising the railways amongst other public services, and a reintroduction of a higher tax rate on the super rich.

presumably this envy tax is popular in some quarters but I've not really seen overwhelming support for it , do you have a link to where you got this info ?

There's some stuff in here...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-jeremy-corbyn-policies-that-most-people-actually-agree-with-10407148.html

I suppose the burning question now is who is the next PM .... Boris , Osborne or May ?

When Cameron stands down before the next election, you mean?

yep the next leadership election but without the £3 to sabotage a party entry fee 

You know that if you removed every single one of the three pound votes, he still won

• Like 2

can someone tell me what the crack is with this jeremy corbyn.

Well he says he wants a peaceful solution to the issue of ISIS so crack might just be the issue.

Attacking ISIS would not end well

1f8a21ba690e3b2f1c6e4bd0e8ad715c.jpg

A few policies I expect to see from Jez in the near future.

Nationalising the Swan population.

A super-tax on ties.

Shaving to be made a hate crime.

Tom & Jerry cartoons banned. 

You know the swan population has been nationalised for centuries don't you? The person who has had the longest shit ever in Britain owns them all and she's the head of state :mrgreen:

Well he says he wants a peaceful solution to the issue of ISIS so crack might just be the issue.

You don't want a peaceful solution? You'd rather people died that didn't have to?

@Bickster - yes, my point exactly. Why should she have them all?

@peaceful solution with IS... They want to take over lots of countries that belong to other people. Short of "we surrender", there's not much to talk about. It's this kind of thing for me where JC moves from eccentric but endearing to, 'beyond the sun'. 

• Like 3

He's not in power so his policies are never going to get implemented.  Maybe this is all part of a Labour ruse?  I suspect he will be a very good foil against Cameron, arguing unashamedly for old Labour values and taking the higher social ground, which a lot of the public will like - including those in Scotland where Labour needs to win seats back to have any chance.  Maybe there is a cunning plan here for him not to actually stand for election, but to do some damage to the Tories and test out which left of centre policies seem most popular with voters.  Then the new - more electable leader - steps in nearer the election, pulling the party back towards the centre, but keeping the left polices that resonated with the electorate.  Just speculating but there is a lot of time between now and the election and this could be a way for Labour to test our where, and how far, they can and should move to the left.  

@peaceful solution with IS... They want to take over lots of countries that belong to other people. Short of "we surrender", there's not much to talk about. It's this kind of thing for me where JC moves from eccentric but endearing to, 'beyond the sun'. 

There's that box I was referring to :)

You don't want a peaceful solution? You'd rather people died that didn't have to?

Yes that is exactly it. I don't want a peaceful solution and I want people to die, as many as possible. I am George Bush you rumbled me.

Or alternatively I'm a little more realistic about the prospects for a peaceful solution to the issue of ISIS and unlike the new leader of the opposition I've long since stopped think that if I wish really really hard for something it will happen. 

Could you enlighten me what a peaceful solution to the issue of ISIS could possible look like?

Edited by TrentVilla
  • Like 1

Well done Jeremy. You'll make a refreshing change from the shysters and careerist politicians who have dominated our political scene for so long. Look forward to seeing Cameron going red faced with frustration at his inability to win an argument with someone who refuses to take part in the Cameron led rowdiness that masquerades as PMQ's. 

• Like 3

There's that box I was referring to :)

Fair enough Darren, I nominate you to go and lead these peace negotiations. Save them the trouble and dress in orange.

Yes that is exactly it. I don't want a peaceful solution and I want people to die, as many as possible.

Or alternatively I'm a little more realistic about the prospects for a peaceful solution to the issue of ISIS and unlike the new leader of the opposition I've long since stopped think that if I wish really really hard for something it will happen.

It's guerilla warfare. You can't just bomb them into submission, that only creates sharper splinters. There's no easy solution but blind luck and stepping away from the red button has kept us out of nuclear winter so far.

Â