The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Yes a high line would be suicidal in this game. Parking the defence on the 18 yard box will mean Arsenal won't get past us down the flanks.

It would mean playing a more defensive game but I believe that's our best chance of winning as we'd still get chances on the counter attack I'm sure especially if it's 0-0 or 1-1 after an hour and Arsenal start committing more men forward.

Benteke Agbonlahor

Grealish

Delph Westwood Cleverley

Richardson Okore ?????? Bacuna

Given

----------

Hard to pick... especially the player to come in alongside Okore.

Its not difficult at all. We go with the side that did so well against Liverpool with the possible exception of Gabby for Nzog

Yes a high line would be suicidal in this game. Parking the defence on the 18 yard box will mean Arsenal won't get past us down the flanks.

It would mean playing a more defensive game but I believe that's our best chance of winning as we'd still get chances on the counter attack I'm sure especially if it's 0-0 or 1-1 after an hour and Arsenal start committing more men forward.

Yes you can only play a high line if the midfield work there socks off to regain possession once they have lost it. We didn't have that intensity yesterday. 

Arsenal have caused a stir after their plans for a FA Cup final victory parade were revealed.

The Gunners take on Aston Villa in the showpiece event at Wembley on Saturday, May 30.

However, Arsenal have already set the wheels in motion for a celebration in north London, according to the photo above.

Last year thousands of fans flocked to the area after Arsene Wenger's side sealed a dramatic win over Hull to end their long wait for a trophy.

They are favourites to retain their crown when they face Tim Sherwood's strugglers at the end of the month.

However, the Villa boss may use Arsenal's parade plans as a motivational tool ahead of the big day.

Well Thats the team talk sorted for you Tim!

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Liverpool were doing the same last year for the league, it's probably easier for the clubs and council to organise it in advance and cancel than not organise it and then have to rush to do it a few days beforehand.

Although, I hope that it being revealed in the tabloids bites them in the ass like it did Liverpool :D

We're talking to Birmingham City Council about arranging something in advance for if we win, it was in the Mail last week.

These are not the type of things you can organise in 24 hours.

I would guess their plans are more "when" rather than "if". There again this was going to be Stevie G's Cup Final so it would not be the first time we have spoilt a party this season.

If the council agree to a victory parade (and they have appeared more blue than claret & blue of late so that like Arsenal's parade might not be quite on yet) I hope we can arrange to borrow the 57 open top bus that is now in the transport museum in Aldridge that was moved from Witton because the Birmingham Council's rent demands were too high for it to stay in the city.       

• Like 1

Arsenal have caused a stir after their plans for a FA Cup final victory parade were revealed.

The Gunners take on Aston Villa in the showpiece event at Wembley on Saturday, May 30.

However, Arsenal have already set the wheels in motion for a celebration in north London, according to the photo above.

Last year thousands of fans flocked to the area after Arsene Wenger's side sealed a dramatic win over Hull to end their long wait for a trophy.

They are favourites to retain their crown when they face Tim Sherwood's strugglers at the end of the month.

However, the Villa boss may use Arsenal's parade plans as a motivational tool ahead of the big day.

Well Thats the team talk sorted for you Tim!

Can't get angry about this. As said above, these things take a while to organise. Nothing to see here!

There's nothing wrong with organising something like that - to not do so would be stupid. Releasing it however is arrogant and rude. Do they actually have to release it?

The club don't appear to have released it as such - the article just shows a picture of a parking suspension sign which will have been put up by the council.

I imagine IF we were to win and there be a parade in Brum, it would be the following day?  That would be perfect as it happens to be my birthday.  I've instructed the girlfriend not to make any plans for my birthday, just in case  :)

It's the Great Midlands Fun Run the day after. I imagine there may be a few last minute drop outs

Yeah my mom and sisters will have to make do with their sponsorship money, I know where I'll be!

OK, so I'm just watching coverage of the Chelsea Flower Show on BBC2. What's that got to do with this thread, I hear you say. 

Well, Birmingham City Council won the super-duper judges best in show award for its St Philips Cathedral display. The chief judge handed over the trophy to the council guy, and said: "You can be well proud of that - you should take it back to Birmingham and parade it round the streets in an open topped bus... just like the F.A. Cup".   :hooray:

• Like 2