Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Yeah he knows a bit. Awful signing. Definitely no takeover then. I hope it's not for 5 million as reported as that is far too much for him and hes 28

whats wrong with 28? 

Heaton is 29???

yep didnt leave United until 24

He has one or two years left and he's on the decline and he's not very good now. My issue is our midfield is weaker than last season.. if we sign Cabaye as well its ok but we wont. 5million as well? Far too much. Tim go abroad son.

Edited by KSV

Tim Sherwood wants to sign Tottenham winger Andros Townsend.

The Aston Villa boss is a big fan of the 23-year-old England star, who played in the Euro 2016 qualifying win over Slovenia last Sunday.

He is ready to move for Townsend this summer.

Townsend has three years left on his Spurs contract, signed soon after he helped England to reach the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Sherwood is now set to turn his attentions to Townsend but Villa face a tough task agreeing a deal with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

Spurs were ready to allow Townsend to leave for the right offer last summer, but Levy rejected bids of £12million from Southampton and £10m from QPR.

Sherwood is a champion of young English talent and is also keen on former Spurs midfielder Tom Huddlestone, now at relegated Hull.

During his time at Tottenham, Sherwood helped to guide the likes of Harry Kane, Ryan Mason and Townsend along the road to the first team.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-aston-villa-target-5900623

I wouldn't do any deals with spurs

Levy is such a shrewd negotiator

Your practically guaranteed to get the shit end of the stick

Not picking on you personally, but so many people over play Levy as this shrewd negotiator... He has overpaid for a lot of players in the past and hasn't always recouped what he should... Ben Davies for £10m and siggurdson.. Lamela £25m, Soldado £26m

• Like 4

Not picking on you personally, but so many people over play Levy as this shrewd negotiator... He has overpaid for a lot of players in the past and hasn't always recouped what he should... Ben Davies for £10m and siggurdson.. Lamela £25m, Soldado £26m

he is a massive fraud for me, the man has stopped Spurs progressing at every opportunity with his arrogance

Cabaye is quality....we all know his form at Newcastle and how they nosedived as soon as he left.

Would be very happy with his creativity and goals in  midfield.

Townsend seems a more obvious link and signing though, been saying it for months pretty much from when Sherwood was showing Grealish videos of him.

I'd definitely take Townsend. I think he's better than Sinclair and it's useful that he can play both RW and LW too.

Good grief no. All Townsend does is run fast with his head down and shoot wildly.

If we want that we might as just as well recall Tonev from Celtic.

• Like 2

I'd definitely take Townsend. I think he's better than Sinclair and it's useful that he can play both RW and LW too.

Good grief no. All Townsend does is run fast with his head down and shoot wildly.

If we want that we might as just as well recall Tonev from Celtic.

I like him. There aren't many more direct players out there and he'd fit in well here I think.

I doubt we'd stump up the money for him regardless

I'll take Huddlestone cause it's nice to have cover. Delph, Westwood, Sanchez, Huddlestone, Gardner, and then we have the likes of Grealish and N'zogbia who can play there, or even we can give Sylla a run out. I think we are good with midfield. I'd really like to see:

Delph-Gardner-Westwood as our midfield 3. Then we have Huddlestone, Sanchez as cover. 

Levy is good at getting high prices for his unwanted players something we are awful at on the whole. We