Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

It's probably Lescott (which would have made sense providing Baker had left) but now you would feel we have too many CB's unless Crepo /Richards playing right back or Baker now backup to Amavi at Left back?!

Hutton, Bacuna, Amavi, Bennett, Cissokho, Richardson, Baker, Clark, Richards, Okore, Senderos, Crespo, Donacien.

I think you only need 8/9 at the back to cover all defensive positions. Means 4 or 5 of that list needs moved on.

Barry's too old and slow now, plus I still think he's a giant rocket polisher for how he left.

Yes no place for sentiment in football. He's past it. Too slow for the brand of football sherwood wants to play

I'd have Barry back.

I wouldn't. Westwood, Gueye, Veretout and Sanchez should be good enough first team options for centre-mid. They might not have reached the heights that Barry has in his career, but Barry is on the decline whereas they're all in their prime.

I'm imagining that Sherwood's team will play fast football, up and down the pitch with energy. Barry wouldn't fit in that.

How about this one... give how CRAZY this window has been... Local lad.. returning home... step forward..

GARY CAHILL!

Would love this, and possible, since they are after Stones! Him OR Young would be icing on the cake.

Maybe Collymore's coming back to Villa? He recently said on Talksport that he offered his services to Tom Fox. He said he offered to help the club with scouting and contract negotiations etc. Maybe they've offered him a job?

I'd have Barry back.

I wouldn't. Westwood, Gueye, Veretout and Sanchez should be good enough first team options for centre-mid. They might not have reached the heights that Barry has in his career, but Barry is on the decline whereas they're all in their prime.

I'm imagining that Sherwood's team will play fast football, up and down the pitch with energy. Barry wouldn't fit in that.

I'm talking more as an experienced head who plays 10-15 games a season.