Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Only just been able to see if we're linked to anybody new today as the Mrs keeps hiding my phone as I'm "Spending my f*****g life on VillaTalk". I've got over 3 weeks off work, what does she expect? On topic, has anybody seen much of Gestede? I only saw him a couple of times last year, not enough to judge him as a player.

I think all women should be encouraged to just make themselves "invisible" for the entirety of transfer windows so us blokes can enjoy our bit of gossip for a change. I mean, let's face it, women spend all of their lives f**cking gossiping and do we interfere? No! We just sit there listening (pretending) and nodding our heads saying "I couldn't agree more love or, yes babe, I think that's bang out of order". Cameron, make it law already! Ban women from the transfer windows, especially those whose initials are JB ;)

**EDIT** Except for the professional women who bring us transfer news such as Natalie Sawyer. Those women help us get over the disappointment of the players we lose or miss out on and are therefore good pain relief! :D

I find it quite difficult to concentrate on the news when she is on screen.
I'm typing this as my missus is running through our wedding day tomorrow...."haven't checked the gossip in 3 hours love I'm out the game hold up"

Didn't go down well at all :/

She's early , my wife waited until after the wedding before she stopped going down
Edited by foreveryoung

May be me I just dont rate Clark or Baker and think we can improve and trust the manager to improve on them too.

Clark is just as bad as Baker. We could end up with a whole new first eleven at this rate!

• Like 2

Id be all for Lescott - we don't have an organiser in defence.

Clark looked great last season - but lets not forget he has had long periods when he hasn't looked so good.

I'd take Lescott, partly because of how it's making my Baggies mate flap at work. His face is red from the cricket anyway, but I thought he was going to pop when he just told me we'd bid for Lescott.

Right now, I'm not at all confident of our centre-back pairing of Richards and Clark. I'm not keen on Richards in that position at all, but it seems to be the position that Sherwood has brought him in for. Lescott & Richards in the middle is much better, in my opinion, than any other pairing we could currently put out.

Selling Clark though? No thanks. Baker and Senderos need to leave before Clark(e), for sure.

Well I'm not saying this will happen and I'm not saying that Sherwood has a free reign or that he is beyond criticism but I think the dealings he has done so far this summer allows him the luxury of pursuing transfer deals that he thinks are in our interests and the time to see how they pan out

The Lescott/Clark suggestion was your suggestion though.  If Sherwood wants to do it then I agree with you that it's up to him.  But my opinion would still be that it's a terrible idea whilst acknowledging that it's the manager's prerogative.  As you say, he's not above criticism, and on this he would be criticised.  I hope and trust that it won't happen.

• Like 1

Well I'm not saying this will happen and I'm not saying that Sherwood has a free reign or that he is beyond criticism but I think the dealings he has done so far this summer allows him the luxury of pursuing transfer deals that he thinks are in our interests and the time to see how they pan out

The Lescott/Clark suggestion was your suggestion though.  If Sherwood wants to do it then I agree with you that it's up to him.  But my opinion would still be that it's a terrible idea whilst acknowledging that it's the manager's prerogative.  As you say, he's not above criticism, and on this he would be criticised.  I hope and trust that it won't happen.

That's fine,  I was just floating the suggestion!

If Lescott was 3 years younger then maybe.  But we've missed the boat on that one.  In fact it's listing badly to port.

• Like 2

Like what we're doing to the Baggies. They put in a laughable £2m for Clark, so we return the favour by bidding £1m for Lescott. But in terms of swapping the two players, there is no way no hope we would ever do that.

Not keen on the signing myself but the major positive to come out the the Lescott approach is that Tim has identified CB as an area that needs strengthening.  I was worried our defensive signings might be done but this gives me hope.

• Like 1

I know it's been brought up before but what about Donacien? Could he adequate cover for now if it comes down to it?

I really don't want to lose Clark, I thought he had some really good games last season. Baker is replacable even if I like him.

If Lescott was 3 years younger then maybe.  But we've missed the boat on that one.  In fact it's listing badly to port.

The boat could probably turn quicker than him as well

I have a jar of mayo in the fridge that turns faster than Lescott