Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Zlatan has said his next move will be a big suprise and we do seem to be buying the best of each team in Ligue 1

I did see that on Twitter earlier but it would surprise me.

Zlatan had a lot of good things to say of Mellberg when he retired so maybe Olof has said there is one thing he needs to do before he can be happy with his career :D

Zlatan has said his next move will be a big suprise and we do seem to be buying the best of each team in Ligue 1

I did see that on Twitter earlier but it would surprise me.
Zlatan had a lot of good things to say of Mellberg when he retired so maybe Olof has said there is one thing he needs to do before he can be happy with his career :D

Can you **** imagine? I'm very level headed when it comes to our signings but I would lose my shit if we ever signed zlatan.

Calm down guys, we're all getting a little giddy here....

Rightly so. Seriously, when was the last time we had any sort of optimism? I couldn't even get excited about the fa cup. We have a BRAND NEW TEAM.

Exciting players with potential.

A team that even the neutrals may enjoy watching.

A team that won't go half the season without scoring.

Yes I'm giddy and I think I have every reason to be.

(for the record, I don't think we are signing zlatan!)

• Like 1

I'm giddy and unapologetic. This window is little short of surreal. The years of famine certainly help but that's part of it. This is fun. Isn't it supposed to be fun? I forget. Maybe it isn't. I'll enjoy it anyway.

I can confirm that it IS supposed to be fun. The last five years would make anyone forget.

If we end up with the 3 strikers we are apparently in talks with that means we have 6-7 strikers. It might not happen of course but I've been trying to wrap my head around why we would need them all., this is what I've come up with. Sherwood isn't building a team to stay up or even to finish mid table, he is building a squad that can maintain a good premiership standard for many years. So if we do sign adebayor and Berbatov then I think these will both be short term things, 1-2 year deals or a year loan in ade's case, so these sort of patch over the hole left by benteke. Alongside that we buy two young strikers who can feature and learn the game, ready to be the main men in the seasons to come. Kozak and gabby hopefully can push on now too. I don't really see how some won't get left out a lot but I can sort of see the idea

Before the window started i never thought it would be possible for us to sign players like richards, amavi, gueye, ayew, adebayor, gestede, veretout. They might not all be a success but its incredible work to get all these players and im genuinely excited for the season to begin. Selling nzogbia would just complete it.

Before the window started, I'd never heard of Amavi, Gueye or Veretout and only vaguely knew Ayew and Gestede.

Still, leaps into the unknown are exciting :D I was kinda expecting an underwhelming summer of signing likes of Ricky Lambert and Andros Townsend..

Weve done really well even though most are a risk of not making it in the premier league like Newcastles frenchies. Although i think some of our ones have bit a bit more highly rated (amavi gueye veretoot)

So assuming we complete these three deals for Adebayor Veretoot and Gestede. What is next?

A few outs i would imagine. Cissohko seems to have some interest.. at 2-3 million. Baker gone for 2 million. So then were back in the black. A centre back at 9-10 million could leave us 'spending' more than we sold. I would then think we will utilise a loan either for a RB (Kyle Walker) or a keeper (Ospina). Possibly even a winger (Januzaj). If we had a budget of our usual 10-15 million in the off season then we could sign two more for 6-7 each.

Definately not done yet. If Baker leaves we will definately sign a new CB. Besides Chester.. theyre havent been many CB links though.

Edited by KSV

...................................................Guzan.........................................................

...............................Richards....................Clark..............................................

...Hutton...........................................................................................Amavi.....

...............................................Westwood........................................................

.........................Veretout..................................Gueye.....................................

.......Gil...................................................................................Grealish/Ayew...

...............................................Adebayor..........................................................

Subs choice of: Bunn, Crespo, Okore, Richardson, Bacuna, Sinclair, Sanchez, Kozak, Gestede

Love to see Ashley Williams/ Shawcross no nonsense type defender..........and of course Rosicky on loan

• Like 2

Boumasbabies starting 11 -

Personally I think sherwoods wants a speed merchant in there, can't see grealish and Gil playing with gabby, Sinclair and ayew on the bench, for Bournemouth it wouldn't surprise me if 2 out of those 3 started, think he'll go for an almost MON-esque devastating pace on the counter, but unlike MON a midfield that kept the ball and a back 4 based on round pegs in round holes (assuming he sorts Richards out)

• Like 1

How good is that Timo Horn we were allegedly scouting? Sometimes I judge players on how cool they look rather than ability. Veretout for example has that cool beard that doesn't need sculping to look good, I then think, yeah, would like to see him in the shirt. Horn looks much cooler than Guzan so I'd like him in too. Anyone else slightly prejudiced on signings based on looks? 

big.jpg