Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Quite surprised that we are going after Gestede when it is quite obvious we need a centre back.

I think signing attackers is still a priority for us.

I can't see Sherwood replacing Richards and Clark and we have crespo, senderos and okore in the squad to challenge for those positions

Quite surprised that we are going after Gestede when it is quite obvious we need a centre back.

I can't see Sherwood replacing Richards and Clark and we have crespo, senderos and okore in the squad to challenge for those positions

I agree. Defence is all about partnerships and getting used to the bloke next to you. We know Clarke and Okore can play alongside each other, its just a matter of Richards and Clarke gelling. For me our problems laat season were in the midfield. Cleverly played well for about 10 games, the snake did lots of running with little to no end product..... with gueye and hopefully veretout we may have a more dynamic midfield that takes pressure off the defence.

I agree. Defence is all about partnerships and getting used to the bloke next to you. We know Clarke and Okore can play alongside each other, its just a matter of Richards and Clarke gelling. For me our problems laat season were in the midfield. Cleverly played well for about 10 games, the snake did lots of running with little to no end product..... with gueye and hopefully veretout we may have a more dynamic midfield that takes pressure off the defence.

Gay looked very good last night imo. He's like a wasp! Showed some really nice first touches to bring the ball under control whilst under pressure and can defo pick out a through ball.

Don't think there is anything in Berbatov link but do think we are after a striker and I think we've bid for Rudy Gestede

Report: Aston Villa hope to snare £6m Rudy Gestede

By Charlie Bennett, Reporter

Filed: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 20:25 UK

Last Updated: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 20:26 UK

Aston Villa are hoping to sign Blackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede this summer, according to reports.

The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in the last 12 months, with Watford reportedly keen in this window.

However, the Daily Mail claims that Villa are pushing to secure a £6m deal, although Blackburn are holding out for £2m more.

The report suggests that Villa boss Tim Sherwood is keen to have four strikes in his squad this year, and hopes Emmanuel Adebayor joines Libor Kozak and new signing Jordan Ayew.

Rudy

Don't think there is anything in Berbatov link but do think we are after a striker and I think we've bid for Rudy Gestede

Report: Aston Villa hope to snare £6m Rudy Gestede

By Charlie Bennett, Reporter

Filed: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 20:25 UK

Last Updated: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 20:26 UK

Aston Villa are hoping to sign Blackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede this summer, according to reports.

The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League in the last 12 months, with Watford reportedly keen in this window.

However, the Daily Mail claims that Villa are pushing to secure a £6m deal, although Blackburn are holding out for £2m more.

The report suggests that Villa boss Tim Sherwood is keen to have four strikes in his squad this year, and hopes Emmanuel Adebayor joines Libor Kozak and new signing Jordan Ayew.

Rudy

4 strikers in the squad? They've forgotten Gabby. Rate him or not he's still a striker in the squad.

You think we'll spend £60 million??

"Adebayor and Berbatov, you'd love them two in the trenches" nice little quote from Alan Brazil.

I like the fella and he might well be right if we don't sort out our defence. Can't just rely on out scoring teams.

Alright, they are knocking on a bit for strikers but to say they should be buried is a bit unfair IMO.

Only just been able to see if we're linked to anybody new today as the Mrs keeps hiding my phone as I'm "Spending my f*****g life on VillaTalk". I've got over 3 weeks off work, what does she expect? On topic, has anybody seen much of Gestede? I only saw him a couple of times last year, not enough to judge him as a player.

Only just been able to see if we're linked to anybody new today as the Mrs keeps hiding my phone as I'm "Spending my f*****g life on VillaTalk". I've got over 3 weeks off work, what does she expect? On topic, has anybody seen much of Gestede? I only saw him a couple of times last year, not enough to judge him as a player.

Damn double post

Edited by 7392craig

I think all women should be encouraged to just make themselves "invisible" for the entirety of transfer windows so us blokes can enjoy our bit of gossip for a change. I mean, let's face it, women spend all of their lives f**cking gossiping and do we interfere? No! We just sit there listening (pretending) and nodding our heads saying "I couldn't agree more love or, yes babe, I think that's bang out of order". Cameron, make it law already! Ban women from the transfer windows, especially those whose initials are JB ;)

**EDIT** Except for the professional women who bring us transfer news such as Natalie Sawyer. Those women help us get over the disappointment of the players we lose or miss out on and are therefore good pain relief! :D  

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

Damn double post

I've only seen Gestede in highlights reels (I watch pretty much every Football League Show) and the odd match on Sky.  He looks an absolute player but I'd suggest that the defences in the Championship may not be quite as smart as Premier League defences.

He appears to be strong, fantastic in the air and a nightmare to try and win the ball from.  If we wanted to sign a Benteke-lite, purely for aerial prowess, Gestede fits the bill.

Damn double post

I've only seen Gestede in highlights reels (I watch pretty much every Football League Show) and the odd match on Sky. He looks an absolute player but I'd suggest that the defences in the Championship may not be quite as smart as Premier League defences.

He appears to be strong, fantastic in the air and a nightmare to try and win the ball from. If we wanted to sign a Benteke-lite, purely for aerial prowess, Gestede fits the bill.

That's my only concern, I've heard a lot of people say they rate him but defences in the Championship are just not the same. We've seen many talented players take the step up and just not cut the mustard. Remember Jermaine Beckford? I thought he was absolute class before signing for Everton but he wasn't the same in the PL.

I think all women should be encouraged to just make themselves "invisible" for the entirety of transfer windows so us blokes can enjoy our bit of gossip for a change. I mean, let's face it, women spend all of their lives f**cking gossiping and do we interfere? No! We just sit there listening (pretending) and nodding our heads saying "I couldn't agree more love or, yes babe, I think that's bang out of order". Cameron, make it law already! Ban women from the transfer windows, especially those whose initials are JB ;)

**EDIT** Except for the professional women who bring us transfer news such as Natalie Sawyer. Those women help us get over the disappointment of the players we lose or miss out on and are therefore good pain relief! :D  

And Olivia Godfrey cos shes fit as...

• Like 1

I think all women should be encouraged to just make themselves "invisible" for the entirety of transfer windows so us blokes can enjoy our bit of gossip for a change. I mean, let's face it, women spend all of their lives f**cking gossiping and do we interfere? No! We just sit there listening (pretending) and nodding our heads saying "I couldn't agree more love or, yes babe, I think that's bang out of order". Cameron, make it law already! Ban women from the transfer windows, especially those whose initials are JB ;)

**EDIT** Except for the professional women who bring us transfer news such as Natalie Sawyer. Those women help us get over the disappointment of the players we lose or miss out on and are therefore good pain relief! :D

I've generally no issues with the Mrs in regards to the football, she's a die hard fan herself (Liverpool unfortunately) and we never miss a PL game in our house. But she just doesn't understand the importance of the summer transfer window

Damn double post

I guess it is hard to see the phone hiding in that cupboard under the stairs.