Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Interesting. According to http://m.leparisien.fr/sports/football/mercato-le-nantais-jordan-veretout-en-route-vers-aston-villa-27-07-2015-4973813.php

He is on his way to AVFC ?!?

Aston Villa continue de faire son marché en Ligue 1. Après s'être attaché les services de Jordan Ayew, le club de Birmingham s'apprête à engager le milieu de terrain de 22 ans de Nantes, Jordan Veretout, dans les prochaines heures

"Aston Villa continues to make its market in Ligue 1. After having secured the services of Jordan Ayew, the Birmingham club is about to engage the midfielder of 22 years of Nantes, Jordan Vereto"

3 Jordan's though? Really? You couldn't make this shit up. I love it!

rumored to be part of our coaching staff  ;)

joe-jordan_1827632c_zpspkxnb9wa.jpg

Is he? (genuine question). Awesomeness if so. Him and Ray Wilkins are two of a very few people that have struck me as the sort of bloke a real football club ought to have around.

3 Jordan's though? Really? You couldn't make this shit up. I love it!

rumored to be part of our coaching staff  ;)

joe-jordan_1827632c_zpspkxnb9wa.jpg

Is he? (genuine question). Awesomeness if so. Him and Ray Wilkins are two of a very few people that have struck me as the sort of bloke a real football club ought to have around.

Sorry... iv'e got no idea...was just getting carried away with the Jordan's

Keepers (3) - Guzan, Bunn, Steer

Defenders (12) - Baker, Bennett, Richards, Okore, Clark, Bacuna, Senderos, Crespo, Richardson, Hutton, Cissokho, Donacien

Midfielders (9) - Gueye, Sinclair, Cole, Westwood, Gardner, Sanchez, Gil, N'Zogbia, Tonev

Strikers (3) - Ayew, Agbonlahor, Kozak

Under 21 - Amavi, Grealish, Robinson, Calder, Sellars, Kinsella, Mason, etc.

So I've already got us on 27 players. But with what we've got, I'm not sure we'll get to the start of September with Steer, Baker, Bennett, Senderos, Cissokho, Donacien or Tonev. So that gets us nicely down to 21 players. Without including players a lot of people are including in players they'd like to leave, like Cole, N'Zogbia or Richardson.

I hope that the squad size won't be an issue and I'm optimistic it won't be. I'd imagine most the players we want out will be gone in the next month or so. I'm thinking part of the issue is we're not accepting any old loan to forget about the problem for another year. We want them off the books so we can start again clean.

striker, right back, goal-keeper. add veretout(maybe?,hopefully)for around £7million and we still have £8million of benteke/delph money left, sell n'zog, baker and a few more duds and we could be looking at a decent villa side for next season

I'm quite concerned with the lack of English talent in the squad. Looking likely there's only going to be 1 or 2 each week.

Why so concerned? In the past we've generally had a lot of English players and have either been a crap team, or sold our better English players.

Look on the bright side, at least the new players won't get tapped up by the likes of Joe Hart and Jordan Henderson when they go away on international duty for our country.

**Sorry but I felt the need to mention a Jordan!

Guzan, Westwood, Richards and Clark. Westwood might not start every game but that's a good base of English (speaking) players who will pretty much start every game. I'd also argue all of them bar Westwood can perhaps be seen as leaders. Nothing to worry about in my opinion.

Guzan, Westwood, Richards and Clark. Westwood might not start every game but that's a good base of English (speaking) players who will pretty much start every game. I'd also argue all of them bar Westwood can perhaps be seen as leaders. Nothing to worry about in my opinion.

Wasn't Westwood captain at Crewe?
  • Like 1