Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

As has been said on his page, and would be common sense in the game, of course there will be things that don't come off, or change! He also admits when something is off, it's just like any other form of reporting, even the ACTUAL news channels occasionally get things wrong. If it is not someone just on the windup or trolling I see know reason for the hate on people speculating or getting information  from sources they deem to be reliable. Isn't that kind of what makes the transfer window etc. exciting? We would be all going mental on here if we never heard any speculation.

This is the guy who claimed that both us and Everton bid for Praet. Which was subsequently proven to be rubbish by the Belgian journalists and Percy. Nothing misinformed about it, just a barefaced lie from a somebody that makes guesses based on what he reads elsewhere.

Maybe a little off-topic but does anyone have any idea how the press throughout Europe are responding to the newfound spending power of the Premier League?  Someone earlier pointed out how crazy it was that aside from the top European teams any club in the PL can pretty much outbid any other side on the continent.  Am I over-egging it or does it have shades of the dominion Real and Barca have over Spanish football?

How worried/pissed are they in Spain, Italy, France, Germany etc?  How about the fans?

Maybe a little off-topic but does anyone have any idea how the press throughout Europe are responding to the newfound spending power of the Premier League?  Someone earlier pointed out how crazy it was that aside from the top European teams any club in the PL can pretty much outbid any other side on the continent.  Am I over-egging it or does it have shades of the dominion Real and Barca have over Spanish football?

How worried/pissed are they in Spain, Italy, France, Germany etc?  How about the fans?

Not sure that affects us

Current convo on Twitter with Nixon, Ayew on his way &

@reluctantnicko:Hear Cambiasso may retire

Really hope that's not true...also A reply from Nixon to me

@reluctantnicko: @beardpwr81 Told he thinks time to look at coaching ...

Edited by mightysasquatch

FIFA should examine ways to punish Premier League teams for the strength of the pound versus euro.

I'm not sure TS is sold on Guzan, sound like he was at fault for USA going out of Gold Cup.

Ospina from Arsenal perhaps

Not sure where you heard that. Terrible defending and a call that you see once every decade caused USA to lose. 

think aswell as the tv money its all to do with how strong the pound is compared to the euro that helps too.

Seen we've been linked with Austin again today. The bottom line is he's a proven goal scorer in this league so we know what we're getting. Hopefully we can get this deal carved in stone and he doesn't go cold on us.

Apprehensive myself at calling him proven, only had one season at the top level and there have been plenty of one season wonders. I think it's also worth mentioning that QPR were a complete anomaly in terms of attacking threat compared to other bottom, even mid table teams; 7th most chances created (compared to us at 19th)& the 5th most shots in the league. Austin himself had the second highest shots per game in the league, behind Aguero. I'm far from convinced that he'd be able to recreate what he did last season with us, also £15M for someone on the last year of his contract with a dodgy knee seems very steep.

Cambiasso is either coming to us or retiring apparantly. Be a sad state of affairs if hed rather retire than play with the Villa.

That would suggest he's rather retire than play for anyone. Don't think it says anything about us at all, just that a player who has achieved everything he wants doesn't want to play anymore.

• Like 4

Cambiasso is either coming to us or retiring apparantly. Be a sad state of affairs if hed rather retire than play with the Villa.

That would suggest he's rather retire than play for anyone. Don't think it says anything about us at all, just that a player who has achieved everything he wants doesn't want to play anymore.

maybe. I know hes old but i think as a stop gap.. and the fact that we will have very little experience.. he would be a superb signing.

They are probably pissing themselves laughing that players like Sterling are going for £50m.

I don't think they will be too worried.

• Like 1

Charlie Austin is a poor man's Darren Bent. We don't need to be driving down these roads again.

Nonsense. Charlie Austin has worked his way through the leagues, he appreciates every second he graces a PL football field, he will do anything for the cause.

DB was just lazy.

• Like 1

They are probably pissing themselves laughing that players like Sterling are going for £50m.

I don't think they will be too worried.

Genuine question (slightly off topic) incoming.. Does the PL or FIFA get a percentage or cut in some way of any transfers?

You'd have thought with a business so obsessed with money they'd have invented some "5% Administration Fee" for the league or something.

maybe. I know hes old but i think as a stop gap.. and the fact that we will have very little experience.. he would be a superb signing.

I agree. I just wouldn't see it as a negative against us if he chose to retire.