Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

And sometimes people think football is just like Football Manager with set budgets, budgets that roll over from one window to another and takeovers that actually happen :)

Listen if people think we are going to spend £65m this summer that's fine but I personally think they will be dissapointed. (Net £20m)

We will see soon enough.

Anyway, I think I will bow out of the thread/transfer speculation at this point.

Enjoy the rest of the speculation/window, I hope to be proven wrong on the net spend we won't have long to wait to find out.

The Swindon game we looked awful. I know fans will say it was only a friendly, but it was only a friendly for Swindon too. It really looks like we are 4-5 players away from staying in the Premier league this season, an im not including the ones on the bench.

Well I was prepared to give randy the benefit of doubt, with the hierarchy changes and all...maybe the director might point out the bleeding obvious to him.

But if we're anywhere close to finished spending, he's really **** us over. Thinks he has a hard time selling now, he will need to halve the price at the end of the season.

How can he not realise with the TV money,vthis is the last chance saloon season to invest and start a turn around?

I got some ridiculing for calling him a parasite, but he ticks all the boxes if he doesn't back this manager with all that he needs..ffp allowing. Which should be money made from sales and a touch more...

• Like 1

Will say it again, Smoke and mirrors.

who are they??

Can they play left back?

Not for me thanks. Smoke tends to drift away, after a while, and Mirrors is pretty poor on reflection.

Plus if Mirrors gets injured and suffers a break its 7 years bad luck

Going to wait until the end of the window before I judge Lerner. In previous seasons it was difficult to criticise him because our expenditure was high due to wages and whatnot. However, we have not only lost some high earners from the wage bill in Given and Bent, but we have also sold quite a few players including our captain and our best player. If Lerner doesn't let us invest now we are truly ****. Going to be an interesting few weeks.

Edited by jacketspuds

as a relative newbie I wish Id joined VT years ago just so I could know what it felt like not logging in to ultimately be disappointed all summer long.

You sure on that, plenty were whinging during the MON summer transfer windows as we used to sign half a team on August 31st and most of them were overpriced and not actually that good.

We have made three first 11 signings already and it's not August so quiet surprised by the negativity although of course the most important deals are still to be made.

Going to wait until the end of the window before I judge Lerner. In previous seasons it was difficult to criticise him because our expenditure was high due to wages and whatnot. However, we have not only lost some high earners from the wage bill in Given and Bent, but we have also sold quite a few players including our captain and our best player. If Lerner doesn't let us invest now we are truly ****. Going to be an interesting few weeks.

Fair point to wait, nobody knows what might happen...but if it continues like is being expected then I stand by what I say.

Prove us wrong Randy.

• Like 1

And sometimes people think football is just like Football Manager with set budgets, budgets that roll over from one window to another and takeovers that actually happen :)

Listen if people think we are going to spend £65m this summer that's fine but I personally think they will be dissapointed. (Net £20m)

We will see soon enough.

Anyway, I think I will bow out of the thread/transfer speculation at this point.

Enjoy the rest of the speculation/window, I hope to be proven wrong on the net spend we won't have long to wait to find out.

Net spend ie, bring in 40m spend 60ml, therefore spend 20m? I'd take that

We will see soon enough.

Net spend ie, bring in 40m spend 60ml, therefore spend 20m? I'd take that

Ya that's what he's saying he doesn't think our net spend will be £20m

We will see soon enough.

Surely a net spend of £20m would see us spend £65m on players. £45m recouped from Delph, Benteke, Lowton, Weimann and Sylla plus the usual £20m investment.

We've spent £25m ish so far so to hit £20m net spend should still have £40m left to go, which would be fantastic.

Sadly I have doubts that we will have a positive net spend but we will see.

Apologies if i've mis-read your post, i'm a tad drunk.

I think our total spend will be between £30-40m, even with the sales of our 2 best players, the other minor sales and the amount of wages shifted off the books. Not saying I'm happy with it but that's what I think will happen. Just can't see us spending £60m even with the sales we've made