Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think we've spent £15 million of what was probably a £30 million budget (no source) and with £40 million in sales minus what ever goes to Genk we have a war chest this summer.

Confirmed

Richards - free

Sinclair - £1-2 million

Gueye - £7million

Amavi - £8 million

Of the ones linked I'd like to see us sign

Darder £8 million

Pràet £8 million

Townsend £12 million

Austin £15 million

Oulare £7 million

Ryan/heaton £3 million

Not sure on likelyhood of fees but that would take us up to £70 million for the window and much stronger than how we finished last season

Two strikers is a must and I think we will get them

Pretty clear we will be getting at least one midfielder

Goalie is on the cards too.

Thats 4.

I'd like a central defender to be honest as I am not comfortable that we are blessed well in that area

Richards - will play there but I'm a bit suspect of that and his fitness

Okore - I hope plays there and to potential

Clark - Played well last season but i'm still unsure

Baker- Made of glass

Senderos - I think will leave 

If we are playing three at the back we do not have many options or cover

So for me if it is only 5 then it is a toss up of whether we get two midfielders or one and a defender

I also think we need a CB with a clean injury record

It's always nice to get a settled back four that play together week in week out without the need to chop and change every other week because they are getting injured all the time

Edited by AshVilla

Reminds me when Platt left and Atkinson went and used the money to buy virtually a whole new team.  I think 8 players came in that season and we went from just missing relegation on last day of the season to 6th.

• Like 4

If we play 4-3-3. I fully expect us to bring in two more central midfielders. One defensive and one more creative.

Darder as a DM is looking likely and would love Praet as the more attacking of the 3. But that has gone a bit quiet.

Then you have Gil / Grealish / Sinclair battling for the wide / Inside forward postions.

Cissokho looks like he will be on his way, probably to Italy. Richardson is cover for LB and midfield.  Bennett injured and I think TS wants to have a look at him first.

From TS comments it looks like we will be playing 4-3-3 not 3 at the back as originally thought.  Richards and Clark for me as the CB pairing. 

If we play 4-3-3. I fully expect us to bring in two more central midfielders. One defensive and one more creative.

Darder as a DM is looking likely and would love Praet as the more attacking of the 3. But that has gone a bit quiet.

Then you have Gil / Grealish / Sinclair battling for the wide / Inside forward postions.

Would love Praet, would have thought he'd be in there with the 3 boys further up the field than in CM. 

As things stand.

-------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton----Richards----Clark-------Amavi
----------------------?-------------------------

---------Gueye-----------?-------------------

Gil-----------------------------------Grealish
----------------------?--------------------------

I think we will sign 3 more first team players in the positions with the question marks, and probably one back up striker.

As things stand.

-------------------Guzan---------------------

Hutton----Richards----Clark-------Amavi

----------------------?-------------------------

---------Gueye-----------?-------------------

Gil-----------------------------------Grealish

----------------------?--------------------------

I think we will sign 3 more first team players in the positions with the question marks, and probably one back up striker.

Safe bet, though I think Okore is a far, far better choice at CB than Richards. I'd play him at RB. Well, I'd sell him if I could tbh.