Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Maybe I'm jinxing things and this post should be deleted and sent packing to Siberia, but how soon before we begin to have the feel of a 'dark horse' about us?

We are signing quality players (maybe more than we'd ever hoped we would), keeping many of our key players, seem to finally have some decent investment, and crucially have a manager who seems to possess the perfect alchemical blend of arm-around-the-shouder enthusiasm and no-nonsense toughness. If we can be the Villa of that Liverpool game, or even half of the games under Sherwood, with players as promising as Gueye and Amavi clicking like Southampton 2.0 last season, am I crazy to think we could surprise a few people next season? I just don't buy into the mordant albatrossing of many a Villa fan. We could be somebody.

I mean, the fact that I feel compelled to write this and not await a rain of rotten vegetables (prove me wrong fellas!) suggests at least a newfound optimism at play. They may say I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one... right?

Are you dakid007's alter ego?

Overall this essay is a very solid effort from a promising writer. The author advances the thesis not just that the the sun shall again rise tomorrow regardless of the result against Fulham, but that there are reasonable grounds for hope for better results in the future. In a credit to his mother, the author elucidates his thoughts articulately. One line in particular struck me as one of the best I've seen from the class in several months:

I just don't buy into the mordant albatrossing of many a Villa fan.

The thesis continued to make points in a collected, convincing manner. Most importantly I was aware of the poetic significance of the increase in quality of prose at a time of increased hope for the club as a whole. I would venture to compare this post to the signing of Idrissa Gueye, and contrast it to the posts in the era of Grant Holt and Habib Beye. I concur with the author about the glimmer of hope on the horizon. I must however encourage the author to refrain from the unattributed references to Lennon (1971). Stop it, you bastard.

Ha, you made my day sir!  So, A-?

West ham in for javier hernandez according to the mail £8m. Hes on £90k p/w according to wiki. Cheeky one?

The poor mans Darren Bent not what we want or need in my opinion.

Maybe I'm jinxing things and this post should be deleted and sent packing to Siberia, but how soon before we begin to have the feel of a 'dark horse' about us?

We are signing quality players (maybe more than we'd ever hoped we would), keeping many of our key players, seem to finally have some decent investment, and crucially have a manager who seems to possess the perfect alchemical blend of arm-around-the-shouder enthusiasm and no-nonsense toughness.  If we can be the Villa of that Liverpool game, or even half of the games under Sherwood, with players as promising as Gueye and Amavi clicking like Southampton 2.0 last season, am I crazy to think we could surprise a few people next season?  I just don't buy into the mordant albatrossing of many a Villa fan.  We could be somebody.

I mean, the fact that I feel compelled to write this and not await a rain of rotten vegetables (prove me wrong fellas!) suggests at least a newfound optimism at play.  They may say I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one... right?

I'm a dreamer.

Interesting quotes from Sherwood in the Birmingham Mail about wanting rid of 5-7 more players, obviously has at least 2-3 more better quality incoming in mind.

• Like 1

Interesting quotes from Sherwood in the Birmingham Mail about wanting rid of 5-7 more players, obviously has at least 2-3 more better quality incoming in mind.

Tbh i agree with him there are that amount currently in the squad not good enough for the prem

Where did he say he wants rid of 5-7 more players? I only saw mention of maybe having to move on to get more in, nothing the likes of 5-7 though.

Where did he say he wants rid of 5-7 more players? I only saw mention of maybe having to move on to get more in, nothing the likes of 5-7 though.

There's a follow-up article in the Brum Mail with the new quotes in it.

There will be news today on a player.  B)

Great hope so. thanks for sharing. hopefully Amavi

It will be.

Not sure if mentioned but it looks like Man. It's have hijacked the Mason Holgate deal. Not sure how I feel about that one.

next nick powell then

• Like 1

He does say 5,6 or 7 in the article I have read.

BOF has answered above.

Edited by AntrimBlack

Not much we can raise now by sales apart from the one obvious exception

Agbonlahor - 3m ?

Bennett - 1m

Senderos - 2m

Cissokho - 2m

What else can we sell to raise cash?

so i'll ask again,  who do we think will be out?

I bet Tim is loving his first transfer market must be buzzing! I think he has handled things very well up to now! With his cockney accent he must sound like he selling bananas on the end of the phone (£32m for BENteke £32m for benTEKE come on peeps get your self a nzogbia for 1/2 price)