Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Not with one season left on his contract and from a club who have been relegated it isn't. There is a reason no other club has met the asking price yet. I'm not sure we'll be going for him anyway, probably another better value European recruit.

Not with one season left on his contract and from a club who have been relegated it isn't. There is a reason no other club has met the asking price yet. I'm not sure we'll be going for him anyway, probably another better value European recruit.

He has a medical problem as well I believe

We will not be signing Austin,  IMHO obviously

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

I'm not sure about Austin. He's scored goals at every level he's played but he's only played one season at the top level. Althoug he did very well in that one season but that is just one season. I think for 15-18 million pounds we can find better players with the right scouting.

• Like 3

Austin failed a medical at Hull who pulled out of signing him, the then went to QPR who lets face it have a less than thorough structure for lots of things it would seem.

Sure he had a good season last season but it is one season, I'm not sure I'd consider him a proven PL scorer just yet.

All things considered for the money being asked I think it is too much of a gamble.

Leicester bid £12m and I think that is a more than fair price.

As the summer goes on it will become a case of who is more desperate, QPR to sell or someone to buy but I wouldn't want Villa to pay £15m-£18m for him.

• Like 1

He has a medical problem as well I believe

We will not be signing Austin,  IMHO obviously

Yes, there is that too. I heard that he always carries the risk of suferring an injury that may force retirement.

I'm not sure about Austin. He's scored goals at every level he's played but he's only played one season at the top level. Althoug he did very well in that one season but that is just one season. I think for 15-18 million pounds we can find better players with the right scouting.

For QPR. Who were absolute dog shit for most of the season. He's better than that level. Just like Benteke is better than us. 

I'm not sure about Austin. He's scored goals at every level he's played but he's only played one season at the top level. Although he did very well in that one season but that is just one season. I think for 15-18 million pounds we can find better players with the right scouting.

For QPR. Who were absolute dog shit for most of the season. He's better than that level. Just like Benteke is better than us. 

He might be but I doubt it. To find out we need to spend £15-18 million. Way too much risk.

Austin is in the last year of his contract too. £15-18M is way too much, and he strikes as the kind of player we'd have to build our play around for him to be effective.

I'm not sure about Austin. He's scored goals at every level he's played but he's only played one season at the top level. Although he did very well in that one season but that is just one season. I think for 15-18 million pounds we can find better players with the right scouting.

He might be but I doubt it. To find out we need to spend £15-18 million. Way too much risk.

The closer the window gets the more likely his price will be slashed....QPR will be in trouble if they don't sell, they'll have to go up to have even a chance to keep him.

I'd take him for less than £10million, I'm not convinced about him but you can't deny his ability to find an opportunity to shoot. That creates chances and it's something we've lacked from strikers.

Austin with a year left on his deal is worth about £8m tops, QPR have to sell surely, I'd play hard ball if I was bidding for him. Luckily for them most managers in the Premiership are idiots and will pay the stupid amount.

• Like 4

I wonder if anybody can actually calculate how much we could spend if we kept our current squad. Is such a calculation possible with our knowledge of player contracts and how much money we are getting?

Edited by Mic09

He has a hole in his knee from what people in and around QPR have said. Which sounds very reminiscent of Forssell's injury.

I would imagine it would be very difficult to obtain insurance for him. That's why he won't be going for anymore than £12m, there are punts and then there is a recklessness.