Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

austin will be linked to all and sundry, big money move, champions league clubs, europa league clubs, us, newcastle... and then either stay at QPR or sign for the likes of leicester or bournemouth 

If clubs are unwilling to pay the asking price for Benteke, there certainly won't be any big boys lining up for Austin. If we go in for him we'll get him for 15-18m I think, and we'll probably have little trouble completing the signing

• Like 1

I think Austin would be a great signing.

I just fear we'll get taken to the cleaners for him.

Given QPR's position, I don't think they have the clout to look for a ludicrous fee. 18m would be the top end of what they could expect I think

Austin is the real deal. Has scored goals at every level he's played at, every season he's played. 

Quality player and a quality signing for us. 

• Like 1

Given QPR's position, I don't think they have the clout to look for a ludicrous fee. 18m would be the top end of what they could expect I think

I would consider £18m us being taken to the cleaners.

Austin is the real deal. Has scored goals at every level he's played at, every season he's played. 

So you'd say he's a bit of an ...

6378343623_dafe439353_b.jpg

Don't really know how good Austin is, definitely a goalscorer with a bit more to him than someone like Darren Bent, i.e. he's not just a poacher. £18m would seem extremely steep though, he's only had one season in the premier league. The rest of his career has been in the lower divisions. I'd say around £12m is fair. 

Austin's stats read better than Benteke's, but I would fear Benteke and not Austin. If we got him for £15m I would be happy though, we do need some one else up top who ever that may be.

I think it's unfair to count Benteke's stats under Lambert (last season). That team was completely broken and not a true reflection of him at all.

So you'd say he's a bit of an ...

6378343623_dafe439353_b.jpg

Ha!

my Dad had the super whizzy MG Maestro. Wrote it off in a fire ball near Cheltenham.

I would consider £18m us being taken to the cleaners.

I'd consider it to be very good business

£18m would be business.  Neither good nor bad.  It would be the very top end of what he's worth and we'd probably be paying top end because we'd have just sold someone for £32.5m.  Personally I'd try for Remy first.