Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I'm pretty calm about things. It doesn't matter what happens, nothing will change till FFP is removed. We will continue to lose our best players to teams with bigger financial clout.

Yeah! Fantastic move FFP. Something like what Blatter would think up, 

I'm pretty calm about things. It doesn't matter what happens, nothing will change till FFP is removed. We will continue to lose our best players to teams with bigger financial clout.

I think that was happening even before FFP, the moment Sky came in and created their brand where the powerful clubs need to be kept as a worldwide monopoly and the rest are just their to be lined up and beaten.

I can't believe there isn't yet a euro super-league where Sky, BT et al and all the superpower clubs can just get on with it.

I question Adebayor's mental health. Spurs had to give him leave during the season and we could do without his outbursts against his family.

I don't see it personally.

Yes his facebook rantings are a worry so he needs to sort that out as no one will take a chance on him.

I just see it that Sherwood will strengthen other areas of the team and come August 31st we're a bit light upfront so will go at short notice for a player he knows well and got good form out of as I reckon he'll still be at Spurs then.

I don't want him here as a starter but he wouldn't be that bad an option off the bench if his head is right. Neither do I want him here on a 3 year deal, would be Heskey all over again. Years loan is the correct option.

Doomsday scenario is we sell Benteke and he's the replacement, we're going down if that happens.

bickering over re-signing Downing.

Panicking we'll lose Delph for a fee that gets lower every day.

Waiting for Benteke and Vlaar to leave.

Linked to nothing but average or risky players, foreign players no-one has heard of whose agents are using us to ramp up fees for the genuine buyers. Links to expensive goalkeepers we didn't think we needed.

The good feeling generated by signing Richards certainly went quickly.

Says more about our fans than reality. Complaining about links. Complaining about players we haven't signed. Complaining about what the manager might do. And all without any basis in fact.

People need to get a goddamn grip.

• Like 2

Linked to nothing but average or risky players, foreign players no-one has heard of whose agents are using us to ramp up fees for the genuine buyers. Links to expensive goalkeepers we didn't think we needed.

Says more about our fans than reality. Complaining about links. Complaining about players we haven't signed. Complaining about what the manager might do. And all without any basis in fact.

by people you mean me?

I said i was in a miserable mood, but hey these are my opinions and i'm entitled to them - and for the record they aren't really that 'out there' either, just premature and locked in the 'now' rather than the future.

i've also not mentioned what the manager might or is doing, I totally agree that 99% of what is out there has no basis in fact and is there to sell newspapers and click bait.

But with so many things changing and so much speculation, I think its fair to say that I would like that to start culminating in something positive without needing to 'get a grip'.

if that is..... you are aiming your 'telling off' towards me.

Edited by VillanousOne

I question Adebayor's mental health. Spurs had to give him leave during the season and we could do without his outbursts against his family.

I don't see it personally.

Yes his facebook rantings are a worry so he needs to sort that out as no one will take a chance on him.

I just see it that Sherwood will strengthen other areas of the team and come August 31st we're a bit light upfront so will go at short notice for a player he knows well and got good form out of as I reckon he'll still be at Spurs then.

I don't want him here as a starter but he wouldn't be that bad an option off the bench if his head is right. Neither do I want him here on a 3 year deal, would be Heskey all over again. Years loan is the correct option.

Doomsday scenario is we sell Benteke and he's the replacement, we're going down if that happens.

His family sound awful: 

Togolese footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor’s mother Alice and his younger brother, Rotimi have finally apologized to their young son following a recent visit from a delegation in Nigeria.

The delegation was made up of family members and friends who all monitored the online drama between the family.

READ MORE: http://www.naij.com/473367-please-forgive-us-adebayors-mother-and-brother-begs.html

http://www.naij.com/473367-please-forgive-us-adebayors-mother-and-brother-begs.html

Edited by VillanousOne

If Downing offered to play for free I would still tell him to **** off

Just wondering would you have the said attitude towards ashley young?

You're comparing him to Downing...really.

I am asking a question not comparing geez take a chill pill

In my opinion this is one of the few times complaints have been fully justified. 

Unless we get taken over why does  anyone think Lerner will magic up loads of money to help Sherwood & Co rebuild the squad? Not going to happen.

Probably wrong but I think he saw how far we dipped in the final and then was probably impressed that Sherwood got a team of average players to Wembley and thinks he could do something with money

as I said probably way off :P

I think that was happening even before FFP, the moment Sky came in and created their brand where the powerful clubs need to be kept as a worldwide monopoly and the rest are just their to be lined up and beaten.

I can't believe there isn't yet a euro super-league where Sky, BT et al and all the superpower clubs can just get on with it.

When Sky came in we were one of the richest and most successful clubs in the country. Don't know where it's all gone wrong....

Honestly, Dzeko is leaving Manchester City. They are in a vulnerable position. My recommendation is we try a twofer package to them on Benteke and Delph for 60m. 

With that money we buy

Denis Praet 8m

Charlie Austin 12m

Hakim Ziyech 10m

Chicharito: 10m

Jordy Clasie 15m

Djibril Sidibe 5m

Lewis Dunk 5m

David Ospina 5m

Edited by electronicmaji

Similar to last year I think, few spurs loans, a couple of free's and maybe a few million on a Delph replacement if he goes. Meanwhile, the likes of Ayew, Deulofeu, Payet and Tabanou have already been snapped up. Gonna be another year of relegation fears with the mid table clubs getting even stronger.

• Like 2

For me this transfer window could go like saints did last season takeover rumours will give us cash if true. I want playing squad in place by time the first friendly is played. Villa need a complete overhaul no more taping over the cracks put a team that represents are once fantastic club and make villa an exciting team and one that we deserve. Villa are a sleeping giant we need some decent quality i hope we have a domini effect we sign a decent player then once someone sees were investing others want to be a part of it. I can see at least 8 new signings. If we fail to spend we are doomed and championship football beckons all our rivals will spend thats already hapoening i dont think a few players will be enough we need alot more quality this squad is simply not goid enough and really folks take tekkers out wed be down.

Edited by villan501

Honestly, Dzeko is leaving Manchester City. They are in a vulnerable position. My recommendation is we try a twofer package to them on Benteke and Delph for 60m. 

With that money we buy

Denis Praet 8m

Charlie Austin 12m

Hakim Ziyech 10m

Chicharito: 10m

Jordy Clasie 15m

Djibril Sidibe 5m

Lewis Dunk 5m

David Ospina 5m

Even if by some miracle we could sell those 2 for that match, there is no way we'd be able to sign all those players. That is 8 players' wages.

I'd be happy with Clasie and Praet.