Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Would be massive if we sign him.

I don't understand at that price why Man. United aren't in for him post De Gea and he's better than Mingolet. Spurs might also become an option if Lloris leaves.

He's not good enough to play for Man Utd.

But I agree he's better than Mignolet. But Mignolet isn't very good.

Totally disagree. Think Guzan has stood out at the back of one of the worst teams ever to grace the premiership.

He was found out massively towards the end of last season but was shaky throughout imo.

Probably had his worst season as no1 for us last year but still dont think he was that bad. Plus he must have saved us some vital points in the 2 seasons prior to the last

There's more pressing areas we need to spend money on, but if Guzan's not gonna be getting a look-in again then I'm up for signing anyone who'll push Given further down the pecking order.

Edited by GarethRDR

........You build from the Back

I think we do need someone more reliant between the sticks.

I'm not sure if Begovic is the right one....but I do think we need better presence.

Don't think anyone could dispute that Begovic would be a quality signing but unless we have buckets to spend then we should stick with Guzan.

CB, LB, DM, CM and ST are out priorities - to sign quality in those areas will cost enough as it is without forking out big fees and wages for positions we're already well covered in like GK (and RB for that matter).

• Like 1

Don't think anyone could dispute that Begovic would be a quality signing but unless we have buckets to spend then we should stick with Guzan.

CB, LB, DM, CM and ST are out priorities - to sign quality in those areas will cost enough as it is without forking out big fees and wages for positions we're already well covered in like GK (and RB for that matter).

10 mil is a large chunk of our transfer fund. Obviously Sherwood doesn't rate Guzan but he was our player of the year two years ago so I still think he could do a good job for us. 

10 mil is a large chunk of our transfer fund. Obviously Sherwood doesn't rate Guzan but he was our player of the year two years ago so I still think he could do a good job for us.

And you know what our transfer fund is?