Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Reckons Gael Kakuta has turned us down for Sevilla

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/584957/Chelsea-Sevilla-Aston-Villa-Gael-Kakuta-Transfer-News-Gossip

That is according to French publication Foot Mercato, who claim the 23-year-old has turned down a host of club to join Sevilla.

Olympiakos, Aston Villa, Saint-Etienne and AC Milan were all believed to be keen on signing the French winger, whose deal at Chelsea expires in the summer.

But he has reportedly agreed to join Europa League winners Sevilla on a four-year deal, which is expected to be announced on Thursday.

Kakuta enjoyed a successful loan spell at Rayo Vallecano last term, scoring five goals and setting up seven to help the club to La Liga safety.

And Rayo manager Paco Jemez is confident the Frenchman will be an instant success at Los Rojiblancos.

He said on the deal: “Sevilla have a good eye for players. These kinds of players, with natural talent, are best when they’re surrounded by better players,” Jemez told Radio Marca.

“I have no doubt he will do well at Sevilla, who are playing in so many competitions that he will be needed. 

"Gael can play at Sevilla perfectly, and at least keep up with the players there.

“This was the first year he has started and he put in great performances. He is a hard working guy and a great guy. 

“He’s had an outstanding season and at a big team like Sevilla he can show everything he has given us. 

“We’ve used him on either wing but he has a great left foot, so I put him on the right to exploit that.

“We worked hard on the defence and he responded phenomenally well. He’s a guy who almost never missed training.”

Was it Kakuta that wound up our fans after a youth cup final? I seem to remember a lot of people on here spitting feathers and fuming about him a few years back.

Regarding Huddlestone...

I watched him quite a bit a few years back for Spurs and I thought he was brilliant, I couldn't believe that they would even think about letting him go.  However he's always carried a bit of timber and whilst he isn't lazy (as people who've posted stats have shown), he's not one of these super athlete type players either.  

Does he suit a regular 4-4-2? Perhaps not, but in a midfield 3 he is the archetypical quarterback style player... don't ask him to run from box to box, but allow him to govern the centre circle.  He can still chase players down and make a tackle it seems, and his distribution is excellent.  He's also got a very hard shot on him, which as a late arriver to the edge of the box should be getting him at least couple of goals a season.

Regarding Huddlestone...

I watched him quite a bit a few years back for Spurs and I thought he was brilliant, I couldn't believe that they would even think about letting him go. However he's always carried a bit of timber and whilst he isn't lazy (as people who've posted stats have shown), he's not one of these super athlete type players either.

Does he suit a regular 4-4-2? Perhaps not, but in a midfield 3 he is the archetypical quarterback style player... don't ask him to run from box to box, but allow him to govern the centre circle. He can still chase players down and make a tackle it seems, and his distribution is excellent. He's also got a very hard shot on him, which as a late arriver to the edge of the box should be getting him at least couple of goals a season.

Trouble is if he's as slow as everyone thinks, him arriving late in the box will probably mean the only trouble he will be causing will be for the pigeons in the stadium after the game has finished.....

Does he suit a regular 4-4-2? Perhaps not, but in a midfield 3 he is the archetypical quarterback style player... don't ask him to run from box to box, but allow him to govern the centre circle.  He can still chase players down and make a tackle it seems, and his distribution is excellent.  He's also got a very hard shot on him, which as a late arriver to the edge of the box should be getting him at least couple of goals a season.

But Hull played 3-5-2 for the most part so he did play in the referred to role in a midfield-three.

Delph going nowhere,as for Huddlestone he reminds me of a player who many go on and on and on about every time I see him play! He destroyed england he is slow old and hairy! Now the question could be is Huddlestone as good as Pirlo, Well my opinion is, I'm not sure coz I'm not a fan of that type of player ,and seem to dismiss the ability of them all, but let's just take a look at Liverpool when they finished 2nd! Yes the 3 'S' players were the players that got the headlines, but it was an older slower slippy G that was behind most of it the '1/4 back' position which I would imagine Huddlestone would be playing! For me like many others I'm not jumping for joy but then the more I think about it,the more I like it

Come again?

Delph going nowhere,as for Huddlestone he reminds me of a player who many go on and on and on about every time I see him play! He destroyed england he is slow old and hairy! Now the question could be is Huddlestone as good as Pirlo, Well my opinion is, I'm not sure coz I'm not a fan of that type of player ,and seem to dismiss the ability of them all, but let's just take a look at Liverpool when they finished 2nd! Yes the 3 'S' players were the players that got the headlines, but it was an older slower slippy G that was behind most of it the '1/4 back' position which I would imagine Huddlestone would be playing! For me like many others I'm not jumping for joy but then the more I think about it,the more I like it

Come again?

Come again?
IMO Huddlestone would be deployed as a deep playmaker like Pirlo and Gerrard in Liverpool's runners-up campaign! Now I don't think he is as good but the talk of him being slow,well Pirlo is hardly a runner and Gerard's legs are not once what they were so can you see what I'm trying to say? I'm not a fan of a 'Pirlo' type player but I do understand the praise he might get, from time to time!
  • Like 1

I could be wrong, but the Huddlestone fee after relegation looks to be 4m. Don't shoot me on this as I'm not 100% confident.

We are looking at another Hull player btw.

Robbie Brady, he would be an excellent signing, his deliveries are very good.

Reckons Gael Kakuta has turned us down for Sevilla

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/584957/Chelsea-Sevilla-Aston-Villa-Gael-Kakuta-Transfer-News-Gossip

That is according to French publication Foot Mercato, who claim the 23-year-old has turned down a host of club to join Sevilla.

Olympiakos, Aston Villa, Saint-Etienne and AC Milan were all believed to be keen on signing the French winger, whose deal at Chelsea expires in the summer.

But he has reportedly agreed to join Europa League winners Sevilla on a four-year deal, which is expected to be announced on Thursday.

Kakuta enjoyed a successful loan spell at Rayo Vallecano last term, scoring five goals and setting up seven to help the club to La Liga safety.

And Rayo manager Paco Jemez is confident the Frenchman will be an instant success at Los Rojiblancos.

He said on the deal: “Sevilla have a good eye for players. These kinds of players, with natural talent, are best when they’re surrounded by better players,” Jemez told Radio Marca.

“I have no doubt he will do well at Sevilla, who are playing in so many competitions that he will be needed. 

"Gael can play at Sevilla perfectly, and at least keep up with the players there.

“This was the first year he has started and he put in great performances. He is a hard working guy and a great guy. 

“He’s had an outstanding season and at a big team like Sevilla he can show everything he has given us. 

“We’ve used him on either wing but he has a great left foot, so I put him on the right to exploit that.

“We worked hard on the defence and he responded phenomenally well. He’s a guy who almost never missed training.”

He is **** shit.

In a two man midfield no way for me but with Delph & someone who's mobile & had a good engine I think he's be a good signing. Could be the sitter in a three

assuming Delph is still here

In a two man midfield no way for me but with Delph & someone who's mobile & had a good engine I think he's be a good signing. Could be the sitter in a three

assuming Delph is still here

I don't believe he'd go to city, why sit on the bench? He knows he won't hardly play.

No disrespect to Delph but he's not an A lister enough for a starting role there, not regularly anyway

I could be wrong, but the Huddlestone fee after relegation looks to be 4m. Don't shoot me on this as I'm not 100% confident.

Mohammed Diame??

I remember seeing Kakuta play for Chelsea in an U-18 (i think) game at Villa Park, he absolutely ran the game and destroyed us. Think he scored 2 or 3. Looked such a talent. Every time I've seen him play since he hasn't looked good at all. 

• Like 1

My post mans deliveries are very good but I wouldn't want him near the villa team either!! Brady isn't good enough. Hopefully it's Robertson.