Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Apparently looking to play at CB rather than RB

Really really hope not, even at his best 4/5 years ago he couldn't defend for shit, awful positional sense, relied on his pace and strength to get him out of trouble, injuries and age could have lost him that luxury

I don't want him, don't rate him at all, he was decent at best before deciding to semi retire while lining his pockets at city

Richards could be brilliant if we was paying a massive fee I'd be worried but he's on a free so as long as the wages are reasonable or even appearance related it's a no brainer He would've had more England caps but for injuries and falling out with England over the u21's

I really don't see the issue with Richards. Experienced player, versatile, coming in on a free, and I'd assume on not massive wages. Seems like we're going to have a fairly big turn over this summer, and we're hardly in the position to be signing world class players. 

• Like 2

Micah Richards has joined Aston Villa after turning down a lucrative deal from Sunderland.

Sunderland had offered the right back around £90,000-a-week, but he chose Villa - and a deal understood to be around £65,000-a-week - after a personal intervention from Tim Sherwood.

The sought-after 26-year-old, had also been pursued by West Ham following his release from Manchester City.

The Villa boss is understood to have convinced Richards that he would play a key role in his new-look side and that he would be helped in his bid to break back into the England picture.

Richards has been at Italian club Fiorentina on loan but has made just 20 appearances for the Serie A club.

He has been keen to come back to the Premier League for some time, despite interest from Inter Milan, managed by his former City boss Roberto Mancini.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-sign-micah-richards-5866880

My problem with richards is that he should be 4th choice CB and 2nd choice RB but he'll start every game he's fit

He's not as good as okore, Clark or baker

So about 10 games then?

For me he's a right back, shouldn't even be in contention for CB.

• Like 1

Why would he sign for us without knowing who's going to own the club. Unless he's been told, in which case I don't think it'll be too long before we all know. I'd take it as confirmation that Sherwood's going nowhere too. But then again coming from the sun newspaper it could be just guess work.

Someone has been given exclusivity to have a look at our books and maybe make a bid. They may not. Aston villa football club isn't going to grind to a halt whilst we wait for them to make their minds up. Players will come in, and players will go. The takeover will influence things if the bidders make an acceptable bid. Until then, it's business as usual.

Say, Fox admitted himself yesterday that the takeover is a dynamic that will affect the club's summer business, until it's sorted one way or the other.

Yup, and that proves my point exactly. If the potential new owners make a new bid then a takeover is in action, and that will effect our transfer window.

But currently all they are doing is looking at the books, this isn't a takeover. So we will sign players, and players will leave until a bid is accepted. What happens then is anyone guess. 

Micah Richards is on the verge of becoming Tim Sherwood’s first signing as Aston Villa manager.

The former England right-back was released by Manchester City when his contract ended on June 30 and is set to move to Villa Park on a free transfer.

Villa are believed to be contemplating a move to a system involving three central defenders with wing backs roaming forwards and Richards offers versatility in both roles.

Micah Richards has joined Aston Villa after turning down a lucrative deal from Sunderland.

Sunderland had offered the right back around £90,000-a-week, but he chose Villa - and a deal understood to be around £65,000-a-week - after a personal intervention from Tim Sherwood.

The sought-after 26-year-old, had also been pursued by West Ham following his release from Manchester City.

The Villa boss is understood to have convinced Richards that he would play a key role in his new-look side and that he would be helped in his bid to break back into the England picture.

Richards has been at Italian club Fiorentina on loan but has made just 20 appearances for the Serie A club.

He has been keen to come back to the Premier League for some time, despite interest from Inter Milan, managed by his former City boss Roberto Mancini.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-sign-micah-richards-5866880

65K  :huh:

Yikes.

Good signing for me. He may have been injury prone lately, but when you are in and out of a side, it's hard to maintain fitness. Also respect that he went abroad to play football, shows where his priorities are at. Wages are a bit high, but it's a free transfer, who is a proven premier league player. We have wasted more money on the likes of Tonev and Helenius in recent years. It's also been proven that teams need to pay more with the increased TV revenue.

• Like 1

Good signing (if true!) and happy to give him a chance at VP. I think it would be fair to disregard his time at Fiorentina, that kind of move is not going to suit a lot of English players. If he can get himself fit over the summer and a decent pre season I think he'd be a positive addition to the team.