Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Apparently Charlie Austin having talks with Newcastle.

If he's going there, that's disapppointing as to me he should be a realistic target and they were a bigger shambles than us in the run in. Don't think their squad is better than what we have either.

If he's going there, that's disapppointing as to me he should be a realistic target and they were a bigger shambles than us in the run in. Don't think their squad is better than what we have either.

Any idea on the fee?

They also have no manager, bit risky for Austin.

I think managers do not have much impact on what players are signed at Newcastle. If Austin goes there he may well be seeking a relegation double. I guess his fee and wages would currently be beyond us even if Tim wanted him. But, why would we when we still have Benteke? ;)   

Transfer window is now open officially

No signings yet?

#sherwoodout

Cant sign anyone when in the exclusivity period.  May as well lock this thread until thats over.

Not sure if you're being serious with this but has that actually been confirmed? It's utterly ludicrous if this is the case. It's in the interests of both buyer and seller that Sherwood has freedom to rebuild the squad - especially after the season we've just had. A transfer embargo for more than half the window will totally hamstring the club. Do we stop paying wages while this exclusivity period is in place too?

The club can afford transfers without Lerner putting extra money in so why would they stop that?

They also have no manager, bit risky for Austin.

Aye but he will be hero worshipped there. The jawdeeeeeeeeeees love a num'er 9.

Haway!

• Like 1

No signings yet?

#sherwoodout

Cant sign anyone when in the exclusivity period.  May as well lock this thread until thats over.

Not sure if you're being serious with this but has that actually been confirmed? It's utterly ludicrous if this is the case. It's in the interests of both buyer and seller that Sherwood has freedom to rebuild the squad - especially after the season we've just had. A transfer embargo for more than half the window will totally hamstring the club. Do we stop paying wages while this exclusivity period is in place too?

The club can afford transfers without Lerner putting extra money in so why would they stop that?

Yeah being serious.  The likes of wages and normal overheads would have been factored into the price of the sale when agreed at the start of the exclusivity period as all the assets etc.  So Lerner goes to sell Benteke for 32 mill in this period does the new buyers go back and say right the price of the club has just dropped 32 mill to us.  Same as buying does Lerner go the parites and say the price has gone up within this 6 week period?  Im not sure if its legally binding but its not good business ethics either way.  Its also the case in Football Manager :) 

No signings yet?

#sherwoodout

Yeah being serious.  The likes of wages and normal overheads would have been factored into the price of the sale when agreed at the start of the exclusivity period as all the assets etc.  So Lerner goes to sell Benteke for 32 mill in this period does the new buyers go back and say right the price of the club has just dropped 32 mill to us.  Same as buying does Lerner go the parites and say the price has gone up within this 6 week period?  Im not sure if its legally binding but its not good business ethics either way.  Its also the case in Football Manager :)

How does anything change if Lerner's not putting money in or taking money out. The value of the club will be the same - we will either have Christian Benteke or we will have £32.5m in the bank - the asking price is the same regardless. Likewise we will either have £10m in the transfer kitty or else a £10m player. Same goes with wages.

Until the club are sure that Benteke is leaving, we can't really start shopping for his replacement anyway. It'd have been preferable if it could've been concluded quickly but it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen.

Fox concedes the change of ownership could affect the club's dealings in the window but is hopeful the Villa hierarchy can match Sherwood's ambitions.

"It certainly creates a dynamic, I obviously can't deny that," Fox admitted. "Our owner has indicated he wants to sell and he's doing what he's doing on that side but clearly there is that dynamic that is out there.

"Will that have an impact on how we do things [in the transfer window] and how quickly we do them? Yeah, I can't tell you that it won't. I still believe we will be able to make the changes we want to in the summer to make the squad more competitive for the start of the season.

"One of the reasons we hired Tim was that he has an excellent track record at developing young players. He has a few young players at Villa that he is excited about. There are some players in the squad that he feels he may be able to further develop.

"I think we'll be able to do the business we want to do in the summer even with this other dynamic happening and I have a great deal of confidence in Tim's ability to get performances out of players we have."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tim-sherwood-future-not-secure-amid-150m-aston-villa-takeover-plans-1505413