Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

watching Norway vs Sweden and always liked Oscar Wendt, suggested him when he left Copenhagen. Looks like a player we could put in a bid for him, nearly 29 but doubt he would cost that much 

• Like 1

watching Norway vs Sweden and always liked Oscar Wendt, suggested him when he left Copenhagen. Looks like a player we could put in a bid for him, nearly 29 but doubt he would cost that much 

Me too. Sadly he's 29 now and his team will play in the Champions league next season, doubt he'll wan't to move

Me too. Sadly he's 29 now and his team will play in the Champions league next season, doubt he'll wan't to move

Me three. Really decent player. Saw him play a few times for IFK, he stood out even then.

Edited by sexbelowsound

true just wishful thinking :( but i have a hope that maybe they will want sign a younger player as a replacement and let his get him ;)

He is not good enough for Villa

He is not good enough for Villa

he played 26 games for a team qualified for Champions League. maybe not great but he is better than Luna or Bennett

if not he should retire now :P

Wrong country, I know, but maybe when the Chinese gazillionaires buy Villa, we'll buy Keisuke Honda.

Christmas tree formation with Honda and Grealish behind Benteke.

.... He'll want to move to Birmingham, right?

Edited by Rob182

I really hope we're looking at players such as Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko, both the right age with lots of talent and great top level experience....plus they play in less stable countries.

We need to take a gamble on these sorts of players, especially when their hype has settled, I hope Sherwood understands how to market the club and himself to foreign players, that's an important attribute in the modern manager.

There is no way in hell we could afford Yarmolenko. He's an awesome player but it's not going to happen. If he ever leaves Kiev, it'll be for big bucks to a top team.

Very true, he's a cracking player but if Tekkers goes a cheeky £15million bid might give us a shot, Spuds always managed it, and well before they were seriously searching for CL.

I always assumed it was manager knowledge/ambition that stopped us.

With offers he'd definitely move to a bigger club but I feel players around his reputation (in lesser admired leagues) are possible if you show your hand early.

So if we are bought out how much can we spend this year without falling foul of FFP? Or can we fiddle it a lot as the fees are spread out over the contracts? So could go mad as long we kept the wage bill down??

So if we are bought out how much can we spend this year without falling foul of FFP? Or can we fiddle it a lot as the fees are spread out over the contracts? So could go mad as long we kept the wage bill down??

if we get Alibaba to advertise on the North Stand for £150 mill we could go mad to a certain degree
  • Like 1

Wrong country, I know, but maybe when the Chinese gazillionaires buy Villa, we'll buy Keisuke Honda.

Christmas tree formation with Honda and Grealish behind Benteke.

.... He'll want to move to Birmingham, right?

Yeah the Chinese love the Japanese - I believe they have a yearly summit in Nanjing, where they reminisce about the good times and sing campfire songs.

• Like 4

I think the not buying players on FM is under a affect during aggresive takeovers of teams.

I think the smart thing nonetheless would be to not buy anyone and let whoever takes over come through and spend 500-600m on fixing the team. 

Fixed.

• Like 1