Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

So based on transfer speculation, I see us lining up like so next season (??? indicates an undecided area):

---------------------Guzan / ???-------------------------

Trippier------Vlaar / ???----Clark--------Robertson

-------------------------Westwood / ????--------------

-----Gardner / ???--------------------Delph----------

-------------------Bamford-----Grealish---------------

---------------------------Austin-------------------------

Relegation fodder, or good enough to finish in the top half? All depends on who fills those "???" positions, I suppose.

Definite relegation fodder. Unless the ???? players are Cech, Varane, Pogba and Veratti.

So based on transfer speculation, I see us lining up like so next season (??? indicates an undecided area):

---------------------Guzan / ???-------------------------

Trippier------Vlaar / ???----Clark--------Robertson

-------------------------Westwood / ????--------------

-----Gardner / ???--------------------Delph----------

-------------------Bamford-----Grealish---------------

---------------------------Austin-------------------------

Relegation fodder, or good enough to finish in the top half? All depends on who fills those "???" positions, I suppose.

Definite relegation fodder. Unless the ???? players are Cech, Varane, Pogba and Veratti.
Definite relegation fodder?

Lately it feels like people could suggest anything, and the response will either be 'Shit' or 'Grow up, this isn't Football Manager'.

That team doesn't look dreadful to me. Decent back 5, the '???' next to Gardner is presumably for Cleverley's replacement, and then a forward line of Grealish, Austin and Bamford looks interesting, even if it's pretty young and inexperienced.

Throw Gabby or Sinclair in Grealish or Bamford's place and it doesn't look bad to me.

I think as it stands, presuming Benteke and Cleverly leave, I see our best XI as:

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Richardson

Westwood Delph

Gil Grealish Sinclair

Agbonlahor

With that formation, I think we'd need to find replacements for Richardson and Agbonlahor as a priority. Austin and Garbutt would be good I think. Replace Guzan with Khune. Bring in another CB if Senderos/ Vlaar/ Baker go. I like the midfield as it is, but I think another attacking midfield and defensive player would be a good option. Sanchez could cover one but cover for both would be better. Gardner for when we rotate formation. Bacuna and Cole could cover Gil and Grealish but I think 1 more attacking player would be good, unless Gabby covered Sinclair, in which case another Striker would be the better option.

TL:DR I think we need 6 players, GK, LB, CB, CM, AM/winger, ST (probably 2 instead of AM)

All of this is presuming that our academy hasn't got some gems that are ready to be tested that I haven't heard of. It would be good to pad the squad out with local young talent, without needing to rely on it.

If we had the money, I would like Wijnaldum from PSV to replace Cleverly.

We've got about as much chance of signing him as we have of signing Leo Messi.   He's totally out of our league at the moment. 

the summer is looking good so far then...

- cleverley decides to leave after all

- benteke, weimann and vlaar are definite to leave

- our only transfer rumours are yet more lower league kids few people have only heard of

look at the last time we bought loads of inexperienced unknown kids from the lower leagues, it almost got us relegated, however, i do understand that attracting decent players at the moment isn't possible.

• Like 1

the summer is looking good so far then...

- cleverley decides to leave after all

- benteke, weimann and vlaar are definite to leave

- our only transfer rumours are yet more lower league kids few people have only heard of

look at the last time we bought loads of inexperienced unknown kids from the lower leagues, it almost got us relegated, however, i do understand that attracting decent players at the moment isn't possible.

We've been selling our best players and reinvesting some of the cash in the lower leagues and unknowns for a number of years now! 

Edited by Kingman

i for one isn't ignoring anyone, i'm following news on both social networking sites as well as tv news and any other media where Villa is mentioned.

Well you must have missed the recent links to N'Doye and Robertson from Hull and Trippier from Burnley then, as they're not 'unheard of' from the lower league. They were are Premier League players a few weeks ago.

Someone on TBAR is saying that Andros Townsend to Villa is a done deal.

Although he then went on to say that Trippier and N'Doye will be having talks next week, so would imagine it's all a load of crap.

TBAR = FUBAR!

TBAR is full of fantasists. 

So many people just make up stories and other gullible people believe them as though they are the players agent or something. 

Had the occasional look last summer, but I looked the other day and had to close the browser after about 20 seconds. I couldn't deal with the amount of ITK's.