Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

For me there are some good out of contract players to go for.............. How realistic they would be to come to villa or whether wed pat the going rate Im not sure....... but certainly people like Micah Richards is worth a shot, maybe even Glen Johnson and a really ambitious shout would be Konoplyenka from Kiev if he hasnt already gone elsewhere....... 

At centre back, id spend some ££ on Shawcross or someone of that ilk............. 

No thanks.

For me there are some good out of contract players to go for.............. How realistic they would be to come to villa or whether wed pat the going rate Im not sure....... but certainly people like Micah Richards is worth a shot, maybe even Glen Johnson and a really ambitious shout would be Konoplyenka from Kiev if he hasnt already gone elsewhere.......

At centre back, id spend some ££ on Shawcross or someone of that ilk.............

I'd take a punt on Richards at the right wage. But do we really need 6 injury prone centre half's? I'd take both Bacuna and Hutton over Johnson, the lad is shot. Not heard of the other bloke but a big yes to Shawcross though I think he would cost too much.

I've often wondered what Richards would be like as a midfield destroyer. Once he gets going he's hard to stop. He's worth looking at but from this distance it's hard to tell what his physical state is or what his desire is. It's up to Sherwood and co.

• Like 1

I believe and have done all season that our squad was good enough to be 8-12th. We were extremely poorly managed and find ourselves scrapping to stay up so even if we never strengthened any further I think we would be challenge the Stoke Swansea positions. Everton aren't that much better than us and Southampton show what you can do with a big summer of investment and good management. Currently the top 6/7 are locked in but I think 8-12 is not that difficult to achieve. From there we can consolidate and hopefully crack on. You say the jump is to high to make but we slid down easily enough!!

Actually, I'd say we pretty much agree if I've read that right. As I said, you can look at Swansea as the comparible example. Underperformed last season. New manager, improved the squad a bit and as great a season as it's been, they will finish eighth. That is the best case jump realistically for next season that I can envisage even with Benteke. If we acheive that, then we can look to push on from there and challenge for European spots.

I wouldn't even want Glen Johnson at my club if I were a Burnley fan to be honest. He's shite.

i think we are 2 or 3 signings from having a very decent team , and could easily fighting for the ' best of the rest ' outside of the top 7 or 8 .. would love to see us line up like this .
               guzan 
richards   okore   vlaar   cissokho ( new signing )

cleverly   delph 
sinclair               grealish 

benteke  hernandez/ings

i literally cant think of any left backs we could afford or entice , or what striker would come to us ( afford )  any suggestions .

You need a calm presence as well; I really like him myself, strong and can pick a pass, got a good strike on him as well. Seems like one of those players that everyone calls over-rated yet I don't know anyone who rates him highly at all haha.

I don't like him as a human or a player. I too think he's too slow and too poor defensively to play the position at a higher level. We should be aiming for a higher level if we survive. Technically very good, but that kind of player would not suit our style at all. IMO.

You need a calm presence as well; I really like him myself, strong and can pick a pass, got a good strike on him as well. Seems like one of those players that everyone calls over-rated yet I don't know anyone who rates him highly at all haha.

Steve Bruce saying he should've been called up by England for the World cup last season was overrating him.

I just think the better teams see his lack of mobility and know how to pass round him and make him look pedestrian so I'd look elsewhere plus Hull signed him for 6-7m so they'd want a lot for him and we've signed plenty of overpriced British players in the past not to get burnt again.

I'd prefer 30m and Origi

Origi is awful mate..
Some of the knowledge of footballers by posters on here is laughable.

First Caulker now Origi lmao

And then you mention Borini who is proven mediocre prem player. Ok then ?
You wouldnt accept 40mill cash and Borini for free? Seeing as we have no strikers apart from a crocked Kozak?

I'd prefer 30m and Origi

Origi is awful mate..
Some of the knowledge of footballers by posters on here is laughable.

First Caulker now Origi lmao

And then you mention Borini who is proven mediocre prem player. Ok then ?
You wouldnt accept 40mill cash and Borini for free? Seeing as we have no strikers apart from a crocked Kozak?

Personally no as I don't rate Borini as a 10+ goals a season striker. However that's just my opinion. I suggested Caulker as a solid back up if Vlaar leaves as Sherwood would know his game and after 2 consecutive relegations he won't be worth anywhere near what the £10 mill or whatever he cost them.

Going back to strikers I agree we do need maybe one more (x2 if Benteke leaves) but I can see Robinson being given the opportunity and weimann one last chance to impress

Richards would be a great pick up. Still only 26. Been around for ages. On a free.. even with the biggish wages.. were not paying a transfer fee so its okay. Depending on what he gets. I doubt he can command 70k plus anymore.

He can also play a bit of CB?

Shawcross, Johnson & Richards. Over paying established Premier League has beens is what got us into this mess now that we are just creeping out of it people are throwing these names around.