Three places you want to visit

Marka Ragnos

from experience bewdley is somewhere where you go to escape kidderminster, its either a case of its someones birthday so lets do something "different" and go to bewdley, or the suns out so lets go by the river in our sunglasses and wife beaters and get our tattoos out

either way its a load of pubs that verge on pretentious, charge more for a beer and its full of people from kidderminster and its an absolute bastard to get a taxi back from so its never really made sense to me

mine would be machu picchu, right to the top of the burj khalifa, a six flags theme park

If the only criteria you judge a place is by its pubs, then you are going to be really disappointed by all three of your choices.

after living next door my entire life its the only way i judge kidderminster / bewdley / stourport, if im after anything other than a pub i push the boat out a bit further

• Like 1

Saint Petersburg.

Tokyo.

my last 2 holidays!

loved both, st petersburg if you're in to the old buildings and the palaces etc is a beautiful place, tokyo is just mind blowing

if like me you do like the old buildings and history and stuff i think i actually preferred kyoto over tokyo 

• Like 1

A couple of you named Svalbard. I guess you better be careful! From today's news on CNN.com ...

A polar bear attacked a man camping in Norway's Arctic Svalbard region Thursday, authorities said, injuring his face and arm.

The man was one of six people who were on a combined ski and snowmobile trip in the Svalbard archipelago, the local governor's office said on its website.

I guess one of the things that strikes me about the responses so far is that few people specifically mention rural areas, apart from remote polar "deserts," unless i missed something?

Edited by Plastic Man

Machu Picchu

Istanbul

Canada

A very nicely distributed selection. Three continents. Three climates. 

Four continents....

And we must probably say four climates, too, as Canada's north is a nothing like the south.

I looked at going up that way as you could combine it with a few days swimming with killer whales

Alas last I heard that Pod have moved onto new waters due to a lack of fish for them to feed on so that idea is on hold for now

• 9 months later...

My favourite three places I've actually visited would be Venice, Hawaii and San Francisco. I'd go back to any in an instant! But in terms of new experiences I'd most like to go to:

Maldives

India

Canada

Bora Bora 

where ever the best place to see Elephants in the wild is 

New Zealand 

edit: also somewhere to see turtles hatching and help them into the sea.... 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Bora Bora 

where ever the best place to see Elephants in the wild is 

New Zealand 

edit: also somewhere to see turtles hatching and help them into the sea.... 

I did the elephant gathering in Sri Lanka the other year , that was pretty cool and deemed to be one of the best elephant experiences ( when a bull starts walking towards your jeep and doesn't look like he will go around you it's quite a scary sight  even though he was only walking  !! ) though to be honest you'll probably see more elephants in somewhere like Kruger )

Turtle wise the best places leave them well alone and just let you watch , I've seen them in Oman and Galapagas hatching eggs from a respectable distance ...Mexico is probably the place to go if you want to get that little bit closer and bend a few rules though

Â