Three places you want to visit

Marka Ragnos

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

All in the same general neck of the woods there Stevo.  Some time off and you could do them all together.  Mine ... not so much :P

Yep, that's my current wishlist. I guess if I had to choose only 3 places ever I'd vary it, but those three places interest me right now.

Might go next year.

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Peru
Panama
Cuba

I did Panama at Christmas and can confirm it is a great place .... quite an active holiday what with Canal trips , train journeys , fishing , buggy rides in an extinct volcano , seeing toucans and sloths in the wild

The beaches are not so good so you have to travel out by boat to the really good ones but I'm not really a beach person so it didn't matter that much ...

Edit

Was re reading the thread to see what 3 I went for and noticed previously you'd gone with these 3

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2015 at 09:39, Stevo985 said:

Tokyo, New York, Australia

3 very different choices now , anything in particular made you change your mind  ?

Edited by tonyh29

I really want to see old town Dubrovnik aswell, but I wouldn't put that on a bucket list seeing as Ryanair could probably get me there or thereabouts for a couple of hundred quid :)

Machu Pichu - Get my Indy side going again :)

Iceland - for volcanoes, aura borialis

Japan - specifically to see the Cherry Blossoms, I just think it would be pretty magical - no idea why, it's always fascinated me.

• Like 1

recently watched the last panthers, made bits of bosnia look stunning, not really a countryside person in this country but can strangely appreciate it when on holiday, mostar is creeping up the list, doesnt look like you can get direct flights from the uk

Mostar.640.15786.jpg

i cant even imagine the sales pitch im going to have to put in to make that happen :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

recently watched the last panthers, made bits of bosnia look stunning, not really a countryside person in this country but can strangely appreciate it when on holiday, mostar is creeping up the list, doesnt look like you can get direct flights from the uk

Mostar.640.15786.jpg

i cant even imagine the sales pitch im going to have to put in to make that happen :(

I watched that show and moved Belgrade further down the list :)

regarding Sarajevo  then Zagreb or Belgrade are your best bet for flights in but Ryanair fly to Podgorica in the summer and it's a reasonable drive  with some taxi firms offering it on the web

Mostar I think you can get a bus to from Dubrovnik quite easily 

• Like 1

Bosnia is incredible. Mostar is alright, what you see there is essentially all there is there but a nice enough place. Wouldn't say its worth more than a night's stay (there's only two trains a day from Sarajevo though there is loads of buses that takes less than two hours).

Sarajevo is a great place however, would fully recommend it (think you can get flight from luton). And regarding the countryside, its obscenely beautiful.

I went to Mostar before the original bridge was bombed. I think I went in 1989. Beautiful place. 

It was a family holiday to Dubrovnik. Remember seeing Steve McMahon and Steve Staunton on a beach. Steve McMahon patted me on the head as i had my Villa shirt on (classic Hummel design)

Edited by Xela

Â