2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Collymore has said that Fox didn't say anything about redevelopment of the North Stand, he mentioned infrastructure but later clarified that he meant investment in people.

Also Trent said that we're still in exclusivity, whether he's just going by what was written in the papers or his friend has told him something more concrete I don't know.

Collymore has said that Fox didn't say anything about redevelopment of the North Stand, he mentioned infrastructure but later clarified that he meant investment in people.

Also Trent said that we're still in exclusivity, whether he's just going by what was written in the papers or his friend has told him something more concrete I don't know.

Never saw that from Collymore. Infastructure isn't investment in people. Besides investment in people really isnt the exciting times ahead that Collymore was on about. Nothing exciting about staff conensed working etc

Never saw that from Collymore. Infastructure isn't investment in people. Besides investment in people really isnt the exciting times ahead that Collymore was on about. Nothing exciting about staff conensed working etc

I think 'infrastructure' was Collymore's word, which lead to people thinking he meant redevelopment of the North Stand. He then clarified that he didn't mean physical work to the ground but investing in people and bringing in the best people at their jobs.

Guess work. The man has a point, a spending spree just before being taken over is unusual and would suggest there's no deal in the pipeline. But it's still a guess.

You still have to strengthen you can't wait for stuff to happen. What happens if the sale takes longer than expected and we are not ready for the new season? I'd say we are spending our usual budget plus the extra income Fox has drummed up through new sponsors and TV money.
Well forget about the spending spree, why did Fox have a cosy chat with Collymore as well. Showing him north stand plans etc. why would he bother if the deal on table hadnt virtually fallen through. My guess is that Lerner is going to give it another go, starting with the stand redevelopment that he always talked about.

Collymore put a picture of the North Stand to show he was at VP nothing else. Colly is actually a journalist who does some work for Aston Villa aswell just in case you never knew it's a case of 2+2=5 IMO. Hopefully we will get some clarification this week.

We don't know how much Randy is selling us for. For all we know it could be for more than the reported £150M.

I think the general assumption was that he had reduced the price to £150m. If he has not or has since raised the price then that might explain why WBA may get sold @ £150m and any sale for us may not go through.

If he has changed his mind about selling and will now provide the backing we need then fair enough but if he has not and is looking to continue with a bottom 6 investment policy to bring in some of the money he would lose in selling @ £150m then we he would do so at the risk of relegation despite the efforts of Tim, Fox, the players and Butch.

I doubt that our current custodian wants to continue in that position but if he does and no new owner is likely then he needs to put a positive spin on that decision sooner rather than later.   

• Like 1

Also might be worth thinking about that Journo's with transfer stuff can be fed info by agents , a takeover who is going to be talking to a journo especially when their is NDA in place ?

The papers are pretty much guessing as much as we are at the moment.

I see Pete Colley has posted the question on Twitter

'100 where did it go? Tim or Pete?'

Makes you think he knows something is afoot

Ha yeah I remember those 2 having that bet. Sherwood said we wouldn't have new owners by the start of pre season and Colley bet that we would. I reckon Sherwood will be quids in. Edited by Bunnski

Â