2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Any takers for a takeover leading to a large sponsorship deal of the north stand? Obviously depends who if anyone is lined up to finalise the takeover.... But could see a healthy investment for us

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that the North Stand name will be sold to a sponsor.

I guess that may, or may not be true.

it's a flip of a coin

In the face of the possible events, is a loan move for Januzaj a possibility?

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance that the North Stand name will be sold to a sponsor.

it's a flip of a coin

It's 100% a possibility.

• Like 1

it's a flip of a coin

nope.overated :)

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 14h14 hours ago

Coffee and a chat with Tom Fox at VP. Some very exciting developments at our club in the coming months. #UTV

He also added picture of the North Stand and said something about infrastructure and investment in people. Sounds to me like the club could be slowly leaking the news of Randy's 'plan b'.

So possibility Villa/ Lerner have moved to a Plan B. Roughly about the time 'exclusivity' may have been concluded. Around the same time WBA begin an exclusivity period. 1+1 may well equal 5... but still would like to hear a little more positivity about the takeover.

Villa have never confirmed the exclusivity arrangement have they? Why wouldn't they? 

• Like 1

Investing in people is just some cliched American business speak. Never really understood what is actually means. 

giving people money to do stuff, giving more people more money to do more stuff.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 14h14 hours ago

Coffee and a chat with Tom Fox at VP. Some very exciting developments at our club in the coming months. #UTV

He also added picture of the North Stand and said something about infrastructure and investment in people. Sounds to me like the club could be slowly leaking the news of Randy's 'plan b'.

[/quote

So possibility Villa/ Lerner have moved to a Plan B. Roughly about the time 'exclusivity' may have been concluded. Around the same time WBA begin an exclusivity period. 1+1 may well equal 5... but still would like to hear a little more positivity about the takeover.

Villa have never confirmed the exclusivity arrangement have they? Why wouldn't they?

Albion are a limited company so have to publicise what's going on we are privately owned so don't. Both will be under NDA's and nothing apart from their 2 statements have been said. It seems the bidder we turned down has moved on to them. I'd go as far as saying our bidder is that close to buying us the other interested party has moved on to their 2nd choice. Hopefully Lerner has chosen the best one!!!

Investing in people is just some cliched American business speak. Never really understood what is actually means.

In my line of work that could mean recruiting top talent from other companies or investing in training or allowing development of individual skills on company time through personal projects or experimental/exlopratory projects. It's corporate speak, sure, but it isn't necessarily just posh talk to keep up appearances.

• Like 1

AVFCTransfertweet (I know he's had a bad rep in the past, but doesn't seem to post as much rubbish these days) is saying that there's going to a meeting at Villa Park on Wednesday headed by Fox and Wijeratna.

Edited by useless

or investors from North Korea

Now we're talking, If these investors aren't successful Kim Jong-Un will execute them for the shame they have brought the country, repeat the process till we dominate.

We'd better watch what we say on here as well else we'll be sent to the camps

T'was only a whisper, but there were rumours that Lerner will fly in next week. Might be worth keeping an eye. Don't bite me if wrong. 

Same person who gave me info about takeover last year.

According to a few baggies forums the guy who wants to buy Albion that Lerner turned down in favour of American Consortium is: Wei Jianjun (worth $6billion, and 10th richest guy in China) and not Wang Jianlin ($42billion and owner of Dalian Wanda group)

So hopefully whoever buys us is more loaded than Jianjin :D

London Baggies ‏@LondonBaggies  14h14 hours ago

More chance of us raising £7.5bn by end of next week than this Wei Jianjun buying us. #wba

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

I have to say that if as it seems the price for Villa was similar to the one for WBA then we were the better deal by some distance.

If someone has agreed to buy us then they should also be the pick of any potential investors that there were.

If we remain unsold and WBA have new owners in place by the end of August then I think the club may have some explaining to do.  

• Like 1

AVFCTransfertweet (I know he's had a bad rep in the past, but doesn't seem to post as much rubbish these days) is saying that there's going to a meeting at Villa Park on Wednesday headed by Fox and Wijeratna.

It seems this has all come from a random guy on twitter who's mate works at the villa and they've just run with it. Not reading too much into it.

• Like 1

or investors from North Korea

Now we're talking, If these investors aren't successful Kim Jong-Un will execute them for the shame they have brought the country, repeat the process till we dominate.

We'd better watch what we say on here as well else we'll be sent to the camps

So no change there then.

• Like 3

Why are people assuming this is this Randy plan b that Collymore is referring to.? It's all about the takeover! In fact imagine this...it was not Lerner that employed Fox directly. He had been sounded out by the potential new owners to begin cleaning the mess up and keep us in the league.

Â