2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

If it's on the BBC website there's obviously something in it, which makes it all the more concerning.

What's concerning you? 

An ex-alcoholic being part of a takeover bid? He's a proper nut-job too.  

• Like 1

If it's on the BBC website there's obviously something in it, which makes it all the more concerning.

What's concerning you? 

I will take Pat Murphy's word over anything else. Personal choice I suppose. 

Would be very interesting to know who released this info.

If it is the club who are they trying to flush out and if its the consortium why, and why today and not the end of the season.

Very interesting.

The blind leading the blind in here. So it Paul Smith the fashion guy or what? Type Paul Smith and Chelsea into google you just get loads of links to his Chelsea Boots!

And FFS Pat Nevin and Pat Murphy are different people.  

• Like 1

Personally I think this was "released" by someone close to the club to put us off of the scent.  I don't think Randy and Fox would be that desperate to sell, unless there is someone with serious cash (and intentions) behind the scenes.   

One thing is for sure, there would seem to be definite movement behind the scenes. Something is afoot and whilst in the past Lerner kept his powder dry in terms of commenting on speculation, both Fox and Sherwood love a sound bite so I'm sure we will be drip fed information over the coming days and weeks. The prospect of a consortium does strike me as disappointing, as does the additional links with Sporting Lisbon and Inter but until we know who is behind all this and any other bidders I shan't be losing too much sleep. Interesting developments though that is for sure.

This needs putting to bed ASAP.

I guess Tim will probably be asked his thoughts at todays Pre-game PC and his reaction/body language could be an insight into how serious a deal it really is. 

1, Laughing/Joking  Tim = No Deal 

2, Serious/No Banter Tim = A Likely Deal

3, Dismissive/Pensive Tim = Done Deal

And yes all of the above is serious well thought and planned out, accurate ITK Information!   ;)

Edited by Kingman

This needs putting to bed ASAP.

I guess Tim will probably be asked his thoughts at todays Pre-game PC and his reaction/body language could be an insight into how serious a deal it really is. 

1, Laughing/Joking  Tim = No Deal 

2, Serious/No Banter Tim = A Likely Deal

3, Dismissive/Pensive Tim = Done Deal

And yes all of the above is serious well thought and planned out, accurate ITK Information!   ;)

Erm hasn't the press conference already happened? :)

What's concerning you? 

I will take Pat Murphy's word over anything else. Personal choice I suppose. 

I wouldn't on the basis he clearly knew naff all about it until the story broke and suddenly he is in the know. I honestly think he just makes it up as he goes along about all the Midlands clubs.

Added to that based on his love in with MON and how he laid into the club after he left I seriously doubt anyone at Villa would urinate on him if he was on fire whatever Pat 'understands'.

Apologies rant over and a bit OT but I cannot abide that clown.

• Like 1

Percy has updated his story - he says there is no competition and the takeover is expected to be completed by the end of the season, with the deal being worked on for over a year.

What's concerning you? 

He's also one of the most arrogant people on the planet. The though of him having anything to do with Villa makes my skin crawl.

Randy won't sell us to a consortium that would put us in debt immediately. He'll look for the best deal not only for himself, but the club. This I believe. It'll be someone who can buy us outright and who has a sound business plan.

Sounds promising. My hope is that this deal has been in discussion for a long time and fox and now Sherwood are part of the deal.

Apparently Sherwood is safe but Fox could possibly go, which I hope isn't the case because he seems to be doing a great job.

Well considering Fox has been bought in as the ideas man I cant believe a new consortium with ideas of their own would need or want him...in that role at least.

Â