Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think the opposite. That formation gives both Lansbury and Hourihane licence to push slightly further forward. Both of those, and Grealish can pick out a pass, and unlike in previous games when the first thought of every player is just to look for Kodjia, on sunday Hogan will be the focal point. 

The line up looks exciting to me and i think Hogan will thrive in it. 

That would be fine if the others get up with him.  Unfortunately this is just what isnt happening and the striker is often isolated.

Kodge can deal with that, Hogan struggles.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

That would be fine if the others get up with him.  Unfortunately this is just what isnt happening and the striker is often isolated.

Kodge can deal with that, Hogan struggles.

Couldn't agree more. Kodjia and Hogan are different beasts. The line up looks fine though, i guess its down to how Bruce sets up. If we play to deep then I'd agree that Hogan will be isloted. Surely Bruce knows that aswell though and will want Lansbury and Hourihane to get up in support. 

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'd love to see him play on Sunday . It's a sink or swim situation , I favour him to swim .

I agree we have to stop the molly coddling.

These players cannot be hidden away forever.....they need to play and they need to make an impact.

we have had many examples over the years of young players being introduced, but they have to be ready and they have to make sure they are ready, not the coach, not the manager, themselves.....They need to take charge of themselves.

you can't sit in the nest waiting for worms all your life......you have to get out there and fly.

There is no right games or wrong games.......There's just games.

If they apply themselves in the right manner.....they can feel confident of moving forward and forcing players out.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's too small and he's not looked like scoring. I'm genuinely not against it after Blues, but it's going to be a blood and thunder game. We can't be playing with ten and a half men from the off. 

And what if he has a stinker? The crowd might be on his back. 

I know what you are trying to say......but you are inferring he is not good enough, by keeping him under wraps.....throw him in, he has to get used to pressure at some stage.

I fear this tendency to protect them spells doubt and they start to believe the doubt, big them up and throw them in.

It seems to me we have this view that they have the talent but not the physicality.....well in my view it goes hand in hand......to me one without the other spells not complete and possibly not good enough.

These academy kids need to learn the art of physical contact......what better place.

Ps if he was a rodeo, should we start him off on a Shetland pony?

Pps its been one of the biggest worry for me over the years....soft underbelly.

Edited by TRO

• 2 months later...

Is he not in Portugal?

His Instagram story.. hes rapping with one of his mates.. looks like in the UK?

Edited by KSV

17 minutes ago, KSV said:

Is he not in Portugal?

His Instagram story.. hes rapping with one of his mates.. looks like in the UK?

Was he included in the England u20 squad - if so maybe extra time off ? 

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Was he included in the England u20 squad - if so maybe extra time off ? 

He wasn't in the U20 squad that went to their WC in South Korea.   The most recent call-up of any description I can find is last November for the U19s in their EC qualifiers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Hopefully its a loan being sorted!

Yep, he needs to be out on loan this season as a bare minimum. He needs some regular competitive footbal under his belt, which he probably wouldn't get enough of if he stayed here. There was talk he was going on loan last season, but because he was stalling on his new contract it was put on hold.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

A 6 month loan with an option to extend another 6 months would be ideal for him. He needs minutes. I just don't see him getting serious minutes early in the season. 

Championship or league 1 ? Would do well at Walsall .

Burton ? 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

Championship or league 1 ? Would do well at Walsall .

League 1 definitely. He has potential but I don't think he is good enough to start for any Championship club and be a consistent scorer just yet. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

League 1 definitely. He has potential but I don't think he is good enough to start for any Championship club and be a consistent scorer just yet. 

Yes wherever he went he would need to play games .

• 2 weeks later...
Â