Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Woke up this morning and said to myself "Ah, Villa tonight, that's something to look forward to" and even though we are awful atm and probably come the end of the game ill be depressed I still have that blind optimism every morning we are playing.

:flag:

Yep, happens to me every time.

Can't wait for tonight.

same here, its some sort of twisted masochism

• Like 2

relishing the thought of 3,000 of them turning up to an away 'derby' game presuming they'll get a result and actually going away spanked, having kick started our recovery

2:0 and bizarrely straightforward

• Like 1

We badly need this! I badly need this! I might not even watch it though, as I said I'd go do a music quiz (before I realised it was the same night as this match), in my local, and people are depending on my help to win beer tokens. Would it be rude to take my laptop, and connect to the pub Wi-Fi, while playing the quiz? I promise not to google any of the answers to the quiz!

In reality, it is a massive ask for us to get anything out of this game. When you look at the relative records of the two clubs since Pulis took over at Albion, they are flying and we are sinking.

West Brom

Pl7 W3 D3 L1 F6-5A   GD+1  Pts12

Villa

Pl7 W0 D0 L7 F2-15A GD-13 Pts0

If we get a draw, I will be very happy. If we win I will be delirious.

our luck has to change tonight surely? we have not had opne bit of luck this season, come on give us some joy at last!!

We only lost by one at Leicester instead of six, that was lucky. Edited by limpid
fixed quote
  • Like 1

our luck has to change tonight surely? we have not had opne bit of luck this season, come on give us some joy at last!!

We've set every negative record possible, been absolutely atrocious in every possible area, can barely even score a goal,  gone on runs of losing 6-7 games regularly and we're still within touching distance of those around us. We still have a chance to stay in the division, I think we can consider ourselves pretty lucky right now. Time to capitalise on it!

Edited by nobler

We need a win tonight. The players need a win tonight. I need a win tonight. My partner needs a win tonight. 

If we don't win tonight, I'm going to be a gibbering mess, crying into a pint of Pimms.

But it's fine! We will win! It won't be pretty, but we'll bloody do it. UTV!