The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah, a man who actually works in football and is the junior secretary of a Football League club knows nothing and Sherwood is right ;)

There's no reason he'd know more than the man whose opinion you regarded highly only months ago.

Edited by Woodytom

Just now, Woodytom said:

There's no reason he'd no more than the man whose opinion you regarded highly only months ago.

You'd think he'd know more about the Football League than the man who's never managed or worked in the Football League.

Especially considering he works in the very area that Sherwood says scouts don't go to. I'd trust his opinion over Sherwood's.

And KHV, it's not an article. It's an email written word for word by the guy who works at Fleetwood.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah, a man who actually works in football and is the junior secretary of a Football League club knows nothing and Sherwood is right ;)

He has just got his arse in his hands as Sherwood used Fleetwood as an example. He has also missed the point of what Sherwood was saying

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KHV said:

He has just got his arse in his hands as Sherwood used Fleetwood as an example. He has also missed the point of what Sherwood was saying

I'm confused.

Surely Sherwood was saying that clubs don't send scouts to the lower leagues.

This guy has said he's seen, first hand, that plenty of clubs send scouts to the lower leagues.

How is that missing the point?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm confused.

Surely Sherwood was saying that clubs don't send scouts to the lower leagues.

This guy has said he's seen, first hand, that plenty of clubs send scouts to the lower leagues.

How is that missing the point?

I think Sherwood was talking about a club in particular rather than clubs. I think Tim may have been referring to his previous employers and a certain Mr Reilly and a certain Mr Almstadt. The Fleetwood guy has just got the hump as Sherwood said Fleetwood as a lower league example in his dig at Villa which is where I think Tim was going with that interview. Tim could have said any other tinpot club other than Fleetwood, if he had that guy would never have bothered sending an email.

That's something you've inferred. The guy replying to the article has taken Sherwood's words at face value, and he's not explicitly referring specifically to Villa.

So you're saying the guy has missed the point. but it's a point you've guessed at. He's replied to what was actually said.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

So at the very worst, it's a guy who knows what he's talking about, misunderstanding what Sherwood is talking about, and responding to that with valid points.

Very different to 'awful article' isn't it?

Edited by StefanAVFC

I don't get why he's even ranting in the first place, it reflects poorly on him if anything. He didn't sign anybody from Fleetwood or wherever in his time here and in fact signed the majority of his first and only PL signings of his career from France just like the people he's criticizing.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't get why he's even ranting in the first place, it reflects poorly on him if anything. He didn't sign anybody from Fleetwood or wherever in his time here and in fact signed the majority of his first and only PL signings of his career from France just like the people he's criticizing.

It's his attempt at staying relevant and prolonging the narrative that he was hard done by.

• Like 1

I would humbly suggest that as soon as there is a fresh new kid showing promise or even a released kid that has improved or an early 20's bloke that previously dropped out of the pyramid but has now seemingly got his mojo back, the scouts are all over it.

You can take that from someone that occasionally has to explain to people that they might be the Pope, a scout or the press reporter for the PontPandy Gazette, it's still £5 to get in.

If you are good enough for a step up from any level to the next level, they will find you.

On 01/12/2015, 12:48:11, Zatman said:

that letter is quite shit though, it wasnt even the point Tim was making about scouts. Of course a guy is banging in 20 goals scouts are going to go see the player play. His point was that scouts dont want to go to these games to find talent they dont know about, that they wont go down to Fleetwood vs Colchester in the hope of finding a gem that nobody has heard about and would prefer a trip/holiday abroad

I don't like the article one bit, its very biased. 

Â